XII

10 PM— victoria's pov

one hour.

that's how long it took for victoria to make her letter perfect.

after making sure she expressed everything she wanted in it, she carefully folded it and ran to the living room again.

“thomas i will be right back” she announces as she's running to put on her shoes and grab the keys to her vespa.

“where are you going?” he asks curiously as he peeps over the couch to see her.

“at luna's. i've got a letter to deliver” she says and waves around the paper in her hand.

“i didn't expect you to actually get it done here and there, i am impressed”

“i am unpredictable” she says proudly and grabs her keys from where they were hanging on the wall “i won't be too long. i will just drop it off in her mailbox, hopefully she will find it”

“i'm sure she will” thomas reassures his friend with a smile and she returns it halfheartedly.

“fuck my heart is beating so fucking fast”

“come on, you can do this!” thomas cheers for her “you are victoria de angelis, there's nothing you can't do”

“you're right” she says and takes a deep breath “see you in a bit”

“good luck! drive safely!”

~~~~

9 AM— luna's pov

i slam my alarm and groan as i roll around in my bed, desperately trying to get a few more minutes of sleep before having to inevitably get up and get ready for uni.

i struggle to get out of bed and i trip over a stray shoe on the floor, almost landing face first onto the hard, wooden floor.

great way to start the day.

thankfully my class is in an hour, but i am known for how slowly i get ready in the morning so i wake up an hour later to make sure i won't be too late.

i brew some coffee and pick out my outfit. i also shove some stuff in one of my many tote bags —keys, water bottle, random book, pens and a notebook. yes, my shoulders suffer because of this.

after having taken a quick shower i rush to get ready, then have some breakfast and down my coffee a bit too fast.

after having rushed through my morning routine for no reason, i finally check the time.

9:20 AM

for once i am ready on time, so i sigh in relief as i lock up my small apartment, put on my shoes and go to catch the bus.

as always, i check for mail —it's almost bill time anyways.

and there it is.

a neatly folded piece of paper, with my name scribbled with pretty letters on it.

this has to be from vic.

i take it out of the box and stand there for a few moments, trying to decide whether i should read it now or get going and read it later.

in the end, i shove it in my skirt's pocket and make a run for the bus stop.

surprisingly enough, the second i reach the stop the bus arrives.

talk about lucky...

i squeeze between the countless people in the bus and finally pull out the paper from my pocket.

i fiddle with it a little, but in the end i unfold it.

it's full of corrections and smudges and the handwriting indicates that she took her time to put this together.

i start reading as the bus starts moving.

«luna,
here i am again, putting my feelings into a piece of paper since i can't do it properly face to face —sad but true. you might be wondering, ‘why the fuck is this dumbass writing me a letter? is she going to fly her ass to a different country again?’. the answer to that is no, i am not going anywhere. in fact, i don't think i can anymore. it's a long distance. too long for me to bare. because you won't be anywhere near me if i leave again.
so before you crumble this and throw it away in the first bin you find, please read the entire thing (i've been writing this for longer than i'd like to admit).
there it goes.
luna, i am still in love with you. in fact, i never stopped loving you. but you already know that.
i know we agreed to take things slow, but i don't think i can wait any longer.
i have a feeling this time things will work out. i want it to work out.
and i think we can make it this time. we're not the same people we were last time.
i will understand if you never talk to me again, i probably deserve it since i've been the one to hurt you all this time.
but please don't disappear from my life entirely. but even if you do, i won't be mad at you.

love, vic»

.

.

.
another letter y'all