Chapter 2 Lilian

I'm... floating?

It's dark I can't see I can't really hear either.

I suppose I did die

Is this my hell? I guess it makes sense. You wouldn't become known as the dark witch if you were a good person and... those you held dear wouldn't betray you if you were a good person

Hmmmm... wait is that a wall? Hmmm

I repeatedly attempted hit the wall but to no avail. Wherever I was I was trapped.

"—— She's kicking!" A muffled voice caught my attention.

Kicking? Wait was I a baby? So I haven't been born yet?  That doesn't make any sense

Shouldn't I be trapped in the depths of hell or something why was I being reborn?

But I also kept my memories. Was this my chance to get revenge or... was this my punishment for my actions in my previous life.

I tried putting my hand against the wall again this time it felt like 2 big hands were on the other side of the wall. A woman's hand and a mans as well. I suppose these would be my mother and father.

I couldn't see them and I could barely hear anything but I could tell they were loving and caring people.

Maybe... I can find happiness in this life... maybe.

******************

It's been 2 years since the final battle between the Lux Empire and the kingdom of Gehna.

The Gehnan king was a deranged ruler that willingly sacrificed his subjects and gorged himself on the pleasures of flesh.

It should have been a one sided battle but Gehna was able to keep the empire at bay far longer than anyone expected thanks to 4 generals.

Axler the Raging Beast a battle hungry warrior that was renowned for his overwhelming strength alone

Lucian the master bladesman and skilled tactician that knew how to win battles when outnumbered 10 to 1.

Excella the dark Witch the strongest magic user in the continent and possibly even the planet but secretly she was very susceptible to pain so she tried to avoid combat when possible.

And lastly myself. Lisia also known as the princess of time and space. While not as offensively capable as the other 3 I had unrivaled control over time and space magic and even became a respectable fencer.

The war was at a more or less standstill until the Lux Empire summoned the legendary hero from another world summoned to save the empire from the "wicked dark kingdom of Gehna" but that being said our king was mad enough I understand the reaction.

At first we thought nothing of it until the hero struck down Axler in combat.

That proved to be the beginning of the end as the king went from being a sideline annoyance to a front and center source of problems determined to make things worse for his people conscripting children and farmers to battle highly trained Imperial solders.

That would end up dooming Lucian as he was faced with either sacrificing all of his men, most of which were kids no older than 15, for a victory or surrendering himself to the empire. He chose to give himself up so that his soldiers would be spared.

Few of them were seen again, taken prisoners of Lux or fled the battle entirely effectively their fight was over.

Everything became worse for Gehna as the king decided one bad idea after another. Truth be told I wished we could lose this war already. Being taken over by an empire would still be better than being ruled by that depraved monster.