Chapter 30: History Lesson (end of Act 2)

Final chapter of act 2 let's go

About two months passed since the war began and just as quickly ended. Thankfully that kept casualties to a minimum. Unfortunately that fishing village was wiped out and reports show at best there were maybe a dozen survivors. There was an infant whose status was unconfirmed but unless someone found them right after the village was destroyed and took them in their odds of survival are nonexistent.

The entire country spent a day of mourning the loss of so many innocent lives.

There were even soldiers and citizens alike that suggested we attack Erebos and raze it to the ground. I don't know how Lisia and I were able but we managed to convince them enough life had been lost in this conflict. If not for the Erebesian citizens it was still best not to risk the lives of the Gehnan soldiers. Plus with the king and 4 of his 5 blades struck down they wouldn't be in any position to launch another attack anytime soon.

"Your Majesty a report" a soldier entered and saluted me

In truth even after 7 and a half years the idea of being a king was still strange to me. Same for being married but there was no time to reminisce.

"Judging by that look on your face I suspect it isn't good news."

"Unfortunately no your majesty. We've confirmed that the kingdom of Lareyas was completely destroyed." The soldier reported

I expected things weren't ideal due to their lack of contact the last 2 years but destroyed was far worse than I imagined

"But didn't Lareyas have an active guardian residing over it?"

"Yes but... unfortunately your majesty E-Astra is nowhere to be seen."

"Any survivors?" I asked

"Only 2. A Lareyan soldier and..." before he could finish a young girl with Emerald green hair and eyes stepped into the room. She appeared to be older than Lily but younger than Sophie. Likely 8 or 9 years old.

She quickly curtsied and though she put on a smile I could tell there was pain behind her eyes.

"Greetings your majesty I'm..." she paused for a moment and the other soldier spoke for her

"This is the other survivor. Twelfth princess Natalie Reygan Lareyas." He introduced her

Twelfth princess huh. I knew most Kings too multiple wives or mistresses but sheesh.

After introductions finished Natalie quickly got on her knees and began prostrating herself before me with desperation in her voice.

"Please your majesty I... I beg of you. I have n-nowhere to go. My family is all dead... even if it's as a maidservant please give me a place to stay." She blubbered out.

*sigh* I wish Lisia was here. Comforting children was never my strong suit.

Thankfully as if the heaves were on my side Lisia stepped in the room.

"Caius I wanted to ask you about Lilian's... what exactly is happening here" my wife said as she looked up from her chart becoming very confused

One explanation with a crying girl later Lisia was caught up to speed.

"So Natalie are you being hunted?"

"N-no ma'am... No your majesty."

"Then I see no need for us to change your identity. We will grant you a place to stay."
Lisia commented in a tone that said her mind was made up

Not that I intended to but I knew there was no point arguing when she made up her mind.

"T-thank you very much your majesty!" Natalie bumbled out.