Chapter 27: A mothers fury a mothers mercy.

This was bad. This was very bad. I could tell Lily was in danger and left quickly but it seems as if they didn't launch just one attack but two.

Guards and a few maids lay dead throughout the out areas and front of the castle. Rushing through the destruction I was unnerved by the lack of enemy soldiers or more like there weren't any at all.

Then I went into the castle entrance and finally saw the corpse of an Erebesian and a few feet away the body of... Wait that was Lily's Knight.

Uren I believe his name was? Regardless he was on the ground and didn't seem to be moving I rushed over to check on him and saw parts of his armor appeared to be almost caved in.

*cough cough* he surprised me by still being alive.

"Ah. Hold on I'll treat your wounds." I said using some healing magic and removing his front armor plate so he could breath a bit easier then he coughed out some words that filled me with worry

"Princess. Danger. Second floor." *cough cough*

With those words I immediately opened another rift preparing to go through but looked down at his still very injured body. I cast a pain dampening spell on him. Before I stepped through.

.....

Out in the other side I saw a man with fiery orange hair dashing directly at me with a club at the ready. I slowed time and brought up my metal staff to stop him. He ran right into it striking his own sternum for me.

I quickly glanced back and saw the children. Bruised, beaten, and eyes filled with fear. Including Lily but missing her glasses and with eyes Glazed over.

She seemed to be in shock but then I heard her voice.

"Mom... mom is that you?" She said sounding scared at the possibility it was someone else.

"Y-you're majesty?" A slightly older girl with messy purple hair that once resembled twin drills Said. I believe she was duke Nexivs daughter

"Ahaaaaa the queen herself arrived. This day just keeps getting better and better!" The deranged man spoke

I felt a rush of anger flow through me. Never before had I ever felt such a strong hatred for anyone but this man right here planned to do who knows what to my daughter, Sophie, and the other children. I hated this man. So I spoke

"You invade my country!"

"You massacre my people!"

"You destroy my home."

"And now you have the BALLLS to attack my daughter and her friends!"
...

I felt the power course through my body and raised my hand

"Don't beg for mercy."

And with that I created a barrier. What appeared almost like frosted glass engulfed the area around the attacker and myself as I kept him away from the children.