Chapter 51 origins of magic

A shorter chapter this time because I've been spending time with either family or busy with school (finals soon and all that)

Finally the twins were old enough I didn't have to watch them every waking minute... well I kinda did but at least I could leave them in the care of people I trusted for a while, though Talia was beginning to show so I'd need to let her rest more often. And that meant I finally had a chance to teach another class for the kids. And today was a lesson that I think would be heavily needed. The fundamentals of magic.

Sure most people could cast magic without having any real knowledge of how it works but to truly perform real feats with that magic required a deeper understanding beyond a fireball or two. Everything had to be pieced together to properly reach its full potential.

Finally I made it to the classroom door. I hadn't seen all the kids since Lily's disappearance. In fact the only ones that ever came to visit were Fran and Simon.

I opened the door to see everyone in attendance and what sort of changes happened to everyone over the past few months.
Natalie lived with us so there were no major changes just her long curly Green hair and Turquoise eyes.
The same applies for Sophie the only difference is now she's sometimes put her silver hair up into a ponytail (usually when looking after the twins)
As for the others they had definitely gotten a bit bigger during their absence. Francesca looked mostly unchanged outside of now having two braided twin tails. Simon just got bigger. Still hard to tell what he was thinking since he never talked.
Then there were the other 3. Escher was keeping his head down not wanting to look at me, I can't believe that boy blames himself for what happened to Lilian. Either way his bangs needed a trimming because I couldn't see his eye. Technically his hair would be considered platinum blonde but because of his tan skin it looked practically white.
Lyric on the other hand looked better than before. The boy just recently turned 7 from what I've heard but now he had more of a determined look in eyes and overall was much neater than he used to look.
Then lastly was Larentia and calling her overdone would be an understatement. Sure she was the first in line to become the Duchess of Nexiv but still she wasn't even a teenager yet but here she was dressed dressed up far too formally and her hair looked like one of those villainess characters from those cheesy romance novels some of the maids read. She even had a fan with her A FAN... I swear some children try to grow up way too fast.
Anyways...
"Well good morning everyone. I hope you're ready for learning because today we're going to talk about the fundamentals of magic and ever how fusion magic works." I said and thankfully everyone seemed to be paying attention even Sophie.
************
Magic in its most basic forms can be divided into two halves, worldly and almighty.
Of those halves they can be divided further.
The worldly magic consists of the four elements: water, earth, fire, and air as we all know. These elements are associated with one of the four titans that represent the cardinal directions of the world.
Northeas the masked is the Titan of Fire.
Southeleon the hunter is the Titan of water.
E-Astra the cloud runner is the Titan of wind.
Then there's Westax the the giant. Titan of earth.

Of these Titans E-Astra is the most popular as it is often seen interacting with people... or at least it had been before mysteriously disappearing a year ago.
Northeas keeps himself confined deep under the frozen earth but will still speak with any humans that make the journey to see him.
Southeleon on the other hand is very territorial and dislikes humans. There's an entire island in the southern ocean that remains undexplored because the hunter claims it as it's territory.
Lastly is Westax whose body is currently lying dormant. Some theorized that the Titan had died but some researchers asked Northeas who informed them that the Titan of the earth was still alive. Out of all these titans Westax is by far the largest.

Then there's the almighty magic. This magic is also found throughout the world but can't be as easily explained. They are time, space, light, and dark magic.

Of these we have confirmed that time and space were once one magic type but became split when the nameless Titan perished in the Titan wars some 500 years ago at the hands of Valhion. As for light magic that is associated with Eos the holy dragon.

Then there's dark magic we don't know as much about it as it is one of the least common magic types. We don't know of any Titan or other entity but I would say dark magic likely comes from some original Titan that existed long before the others.

"And with that the first part of this lesson is concluded. Let's take a break for lunch everyone."

And that's the chapter hope you enjoyed. May be a bit before the next update because full honesty I'm probably gonna spend my free time on the Xenoblade 3 dlc and tears of the kingdom when that launches.