ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! Sorry again for being inactive in the past month, but I managed to finish a chapter today for you guys. Not sure when the next chapter will be out but after my exams I will definitely have more time so don't worry about having to wait for a month again :P

But for now, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴀɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ 

ɪɴ ᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ." 

ʜᴀʟꜱᴇʏ

Silence fills the still air as the Goat Sin of Lust simply tilts his head to the side and continues to examine me while my whole body begins to shake with great anger. 

"Well?" I snap as I land on the ground again. "Speak up, you bastard!"

Before I can make a move at the Sin, Meliodas raises a hand to stop me. "Gowther, you better have a good explanation for why you decided to mess around with our memories."

Gowther points a finger at himself. "I wasn't the one who changed your memories, Captain. The blame is on someone else. The magic surrounding both your memories is that of a much more ancient being than me."

Meliodas and I spin around to make eye contact with one another. "Gowther," we whisper in quieter voices so that the emotionless doll in front of us doesn't hear us. 

The original Gowther, the Commandment of Selflessness, the Demon who was locked away by the Demon King because of his powerful magic. 

But why the hell would he do this? There's absolutely no reason for him to have changed our memories about my younger brother. 

"I will try to break the seal on our memories," I murmur, still staring at the Demon next to me. "But for now, as you said, I will focus on preparing my people for war."

"Do none of the other Elves ever mention your younger brother's name, Queen (Y/n)?" Gowther questions curiously. "Did he never come up in any conversation?"

Turning to him, I answer, "No. None of them dare talk about him so as to not hurt me."

"I'm afraid I don't understand," Gowther admits. "Wouldn't it have been better to talk about him? To try and remember all of the good times you had with him?"

I lick over my lips before replying, "True. But every time I do think about him, I just remember—"

Gritting my teeth, I quickly turn my gaze to my feet and clench my hands into fists, my heart painfully hammering under my chest as an image of the first Fairy King flashes through my mind.

"Remember who?" I hear Gowther ask.

"Enough," the eldest son of the Demon King swiftly cuts in. "(Y/n), you better get going now. Gowther, the two of us will—"

"Oh, there you are!" 

The three of us turn towards the new voice at the entrance of the balcony and see the young King of Camelot leaning against the frame and panting slightly.

"Oh, what's up, Arthur?" Meliodas says and waves at him.

"I've been looking all over for you three," King Arthur whines as he gracefully bounces off the frame and walks over to us, standing beside Gowther. "Sir Meliodas, Princess Elizabeth was asking if you wanted to head over to check on Lady Diane."