ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! Two exams done, two more to go now :) During my short breaks from my studying, I managed to write up this chapter. Including the BNHA Crossover and the Epilogue, there will be four more chapters before Fallen King is officially finished.

So I had come up with one specific ending for this story but while I was talking to my younger sibling on the phone the other day, they mentioned something that made me change my mind about the ending. I've added a little twist to it so I hope you guys will like this ending better!

Other than that, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ, ꜱᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ꜰʀᴇᴇ." 

ᴍᴀɪᴇ

"The two of you were all Chaos could ever talk about after both of you died," Cath growls at us with great hatred in his voice as he slowly starts to prowl over to my younger brother and I. "My sweet Arthur this, my dear (Y/n) that. Chaos became absolutely pathetic after you both died."

Everyone gasps in shock when Cath is suddenly sent skywards with an ice tower pierced through his stomach while I quietly say, "Don't talk about our mother that way, you savage beast. If you have no respect for what she loves and cares for, then you have no right to claim her power."

Snapping off the enormous ice slab in his stomach, Cath leaps to the ground and runs towards us but a sudden burst of flames catches him off-guard and he quickly tries to jump away from it.

"Mum!" I hear Nova call out. "Doesn't this technically mean that Meliodas is your nephew?"

"Stop!" I shriek and this immediately sets Cath on fire. "Don't do that to me! Stop talking—"

"Well young Nova, we're not actually related by blood to the Demon King, the Supreme Deity, the Sacred Tree, and nature," Arthur points out and then dips his head to the side thoughtfully. "That would be kinda worrying because if we were, wouldn't that mean Gloxinia is—"

"I said stop!" I yell in horror, cheeks burning as an explosion of fire erupts from beneath Cath's feet. "We're not related. Period. This conversation has come to its end. Enough now, you guys."

Chuckling softly at this outburst, the new King of Chaos swiftly points his weapon at Cath and a shining bright pillar erupts in the spot right where the creature is, blinding my vision entirely.

"Enough!" Cath roars in anger once he regenerates, his body slowly piecing back together.

Raising my hand to get ready for my next move, I narrow my eyebrows and frown in confusion when Cath suddenly freezes and stays still on the spot with a bizarre-looking symbol above him.

"What the heck? Cath stopped moving," the Serpent Sin of Envy exclaims.

"I've suspended time on him," the Boar Sin of Gluttony tells her comrade. "But the curse I've used is unstable. Possibly due to the effect of Chaos. He'll likely recover sometime in the near future. Perhaps in a few decades, perhaps in a few centuries, who knows?"

"Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there," the Dragon Sin of Wrath says.

"Yes, whatever happens, we'll be fine. As long as we fight together," Elizabeth says determinedly and then smiles brightly at the eldest Demon Prince. "Now, let's all go home."

Several months later

"You've been waiting for this for over 3,000 years," my lover says to me and stands beside me and the other maid of honours' as we watch the newly wedded couple walk down the long aisle full of petals. "A big wedding for the two people who've been protecting you ever since you were born. Well, I should say ever since you were born in this life. So, when are we having ours?"