ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! I had the sudden urge to write the next chapter of this story even though I told myself I would finish my Ban x reader story before working on this one 😂 I just lost someone in my family so this chapter was quite emotional for me to write. Hopefully, I didn't overdo it (nervously rubs the back of her head).

Anyways, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇꜱ, ꜰᴇᴇʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ. 

ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ, ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪꜱ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ." 

ᴀᴅᴇʟᴇ

Subtly sucking in a deep breath to calm my uneasiness, I focus a steely gaze on all of my attendants as each one of them nervously stand in front of me in a line. 

"Our soldiers are ready, my lady," Alya informs me as she clasps her hands together behind her back. "Every single one of them."

After we had found out that my youngest attendant had left our kingdom, I had ordered for the armies to be ready and for the Generals and my attendants to take control while I'm gone to get back Nova.

"The Generals have been informed of the current circumstances," Garion adds as his dirty blond hair drifts in the gentle breeze. "Are you really sure that you don't need anyone to accompany you, my lady?"

"I'm sure," I say firmly and my eyes dart over to my second youngest attendant who's still trying to stop her sniffles. "Easy now, Vespera."

"I'm—I'm so sorry, my—my lady," she stutters and fresh tears start to stream down her face.

Sighing quietly, I walk over to her and hold her face in my hands. "We all know that Nova has a mind of her own so it was her decision to leave, not yours. Alright, my dear? I'll make sure I'll bring her home safely."

"Thank you, my Queen," she whispers and then squeaks when I give her a quick hug.

"There we go," I murmur when I pull back to see her hazel eyes shining with hope. "Now, make sure you take care of our people with the others while I'm away."

"We will, my lady," Vespera murmurs back determinedly. "We will."

"Adonis," I call out to my last attendant who immediately straightens his back when he hears his name. "Are all of the shelters for our citizens in good condition?"

"Yes, my Queen," he answers, tone serious. "Garion and I made sure that they are at their best condition while you went to meet the eldest Demon Prince."

"I see," I say with a small smile and nod my head approvingly. "That's good to hear."

"My Queen," a deep voice calls out to me and I turn to see that our prophet has now joined our company. "A great many things will happen tonight."

"Tell me, Lord Bjørn," I say as I cross my arms.

"One shall die tonight," he whispers but his rich voice echoes all around us. "One shall slowly slip away from us. One shall set themselves free."

"Damn," I mutter to myself when I hear these words.

Sometimes, the words that leave our prophet's lips don't always make sense but Lord Bjørn was born to only prophesise thus he's never able to explain to us what his predictions exactly mean.

One shall die tonight. Well, that's obvious what that means.

One shall slowly slip away from us. Does that mean someone from the Elf race will betray us?