ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! I'm sorry if these last couple of chapters have not been going the way you thought they would 😭  I admit, I have set a rather depressing context in the last chapter but trust me, even though the ending may break your heart a little bit, it will still be a happy and hopeful ending for (Y/n) and Gloxinia!

Other than that, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ɪ'ᴍ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ." 

ᴅɪᴅᴏ

"My lady, you really don't have to do this," the Elf in front of me says with a shaky voice as I tidy up his black bowtie that was a complete mess just seconds earlier. "My lady, please—"

"Hush, Adonis," I lightly scold him and pat his shoulders with my hands once I'm done. "There."

"I can't believe you had no clue how to do a bowtie, Ado," Nova tells him with a small pout.

"That's why I never wore them," Adonis grumbles in response. "Thank you, my lady."

"No problem, Adonis dear," I say with a pleased smile and then frown when I see the dark glare on my husband's face. "Oi, you; drop that look right now. We're at a wedding for goodness sake."

"We're gathered here today for the marriage between the Fairy King Harlequin and the Queen of Giants Diane," I hear Dreyfus start speaking as I slowly loop my arm around Gloxinia's. "Although they are from different clans, we pray that their love forged through their strong affection for one another will last forever. We also pray that this marriage will help to further strengthen the bonds of friendship between the Fairy clan and the Giant clan. Now for the Kiss of Oath."

"Huh, ki—kiss in front of all these people?" the Serpent Sin of Envy stutters, blushing.

When the Queen of the Giants spots us in the crowd, I give her the thumbs up with my free hand and her panicked face immediately relaxes when she sees this, her purple eyes sparkling.

Along with everyone else from the massive crowd, we all start cheering and clapping when the Grizzly Sin of Sloth leans closer and finally presses his lips against his lover's, his eyes closed.

Once everyone finally settles down and the Fairy King announces to everyone that we can now eat, Nova grabs hold of Adonis's hand and drags him to the tables full of food and drinks.

"Will you stop frowning like that, Nia?" I whine as my husband and I slowly make our way to the tables. "You look horrible. Just be happy that Nova's found someone who makes her happy."

"Tch," he responds gruffly to this. "I don't know anything about this Elf which annoys me."

"Well, I do," I say firmly and pinch his arm which gets a yelp out of him. "Adonis is a good Elf. Why do you think he became one of my attendants when I was still the Queen of the Elves, hmm?"

Sighing, I purse my lips in confusion when the first Fairy King simply grunts at this and looks over the various delicious-looking dishes presented on the large wooden tables set out.

"Wait a second," I murmur and then whack Gloxinia across the back of the head. "You idiot!"

"Ow!" he exclaims, pulling away from me so that he can rub his head. "What the hell, (Y/n)?"

"Are you only annoyed because Nova's with an Elf and not a Fairy?" I question angrily. 

"Uh, well," Gloxinia says smartly and then smiles hesitantly at me while my blood starts to boil dangerously. "I mean, it would've been pretty nice if our daughter was with a Fairy."