ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! So I think there will be four or five more chapters before I finish Fallen King and I actually had a lot more fun writing this than I expected so I'm a little sad that it's coming to an end soon :(

Because of the big reveal in this chapter, there are some extra notes from me at the end so check those out only when you're done reading! :)

But for now, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ɪ ɢᴇᴛ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ." 

ᴍɪᴛᴄʜᴇʟ ᴅᴀᴇ

"Hmm, so you decided in the end that coming to help us without any powers from nature was the best decision," the Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins murmurs as he tenderly pets my head while the two of us admire the starry night skies above. "That was a little bit reckless but what was I expecting really? You're my daughter after all; you think just like I do, my little (Y/n/n)."

Pulling my tucked knees to my chest, I whisper in response, "Not reckless, just an idiot in battle."

"Ouu, harsh," Meliodas whistles and then chuckles softly. "But that's the truth I guess."

"I'm glad you're back, Dad," I say very quietly, still not used to this intimacy and familiarity.

"Me too," he responds, switching his crossed legs and then placing a hand behind him so he can lean back slightly, his other hand still stroking my hair. "You sure you don't wanna go back to the Fairy King's Forest to the others? Aww, wait a second. Do you wanna spend more time with us—"

"I do," I answer honestly and I look over to see emerald green eyes sparkle in shock at this quick reply. "I want to stay right here with you, Elizabeth, and the others and spend more time with you guys. Don't you think we should make up for the time we lost these past 3,000 years, Dad?"

Pausing for a second, Meliodas then laughs and ruffles my hair, saying, "You cheeky thing."

When he pulls his hand away from my hair, I ask, "Will you and Elizabeth come and visit us in the Elf lands? I mean, Nia will stay with Gerheade in the Fairy King's Forest for a while before he—"

"Ouu, so Gloxinia's staying with you in the Elf lands after this?" Meliodas says in a teasing tone and lightly pulls at one of my cheeks, grinning at me. "Now that should be really interesting. (Y/n/n), of course we'll come and see you guys. The war is over now; nothing is going to stop us."

Smirking back at him, I say with a shaky voice, "Great. That sounds great. I can't wait."

"But (Y/n) there's something I need to talk to you about," Meliodas suddenly says with a serious voice as he pulls his hand away from me. "You saw me use my new magical powers, right?"

"Um, yeah?" I say and then narrow my eyebrows at this odd question. "Yeah, I did. Why?"

"There's too much of it right now," he says to me quietly, his gaze turning sombre. "Britannia will face devastation if I stay here any longer so I have to head back soon to the Demon realm—"

"No," I choke, eyes widening. "This can't be happening now. Please tell me you're joking—"

"I'm sorry, little one," the Demon Prince whispers, voice trembling slightly. "I'm so sorry."

"We just got you back," I whimper and my hands desperately grab onto the front of his shirt. "I need you here with me and Elizabeth. Please don't leave me again. I'm begging you, Dad—"