ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! We're gonna be doing this chapter from King's perspective 👀  And this is because when King and Diane go through the test that Gloxinia and Drole have offered, the two Sins will encounter (Y/n) from 3,000 years ago when she just became the Queen of the Elves and has been Gloxinia's lover for a while.

Writing this chapter took way longer than I expected and I'm very sorry about that :( Thank you to everyone who's been patiently waiting!

And with that, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ɪꜱ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ." 

ᴍᴀᴅɪʟʏɴ ʙᴀɪʟᴇʏ

King's POV

Heart pounding loudly, hands shaking slightly, I just barely make out the words that leave my lover's lips, "This can't be happening. Queen (Y/n) is working with the Ten Commandments?"

"It's time for True Spirit Spear Chastiefol, Second Configuration: Guardian!" I yell as I quickly raise my hand in the direction of the first Fairy King and Giant King so that my Sacred Treasure can head straight towards Gloxinia's own weapon that's coming in our direction. "Alright, with that much force behind it, it'll bust a way out of here."

Guardian collides into the large rocky wall behind it as expected but then to my shock, it simply bounces back to the spot where we are.

"What's going on?" I question in confusion as I swiftly look around at our surroundings. "Are all the walls elastic? Wait, was this entire place built using magical powers?"

"There's no time to get distracted," the Commandment of Repose tells me with a sly tone and I immediately flinch when I sense his weapon right behind me. "Spirit Spear Basquias, Second Configuration: Guardian."

"What's that?" I cry out in horror when his Sacred Treasure turns into some sort of creature and from the corner of my eye, I can see Diane fighting the other Commandment. "Enough of this! True Spirit Spear Chastiefol, Fifth Configuration: Increase! Wait, where'd it go?"

 "That's as far as you can go now, I see," I hear Gloxinia hum quietly before blinding pain spreads over my entire back which rips out a pained cry from me and I instantly fall to the rocky ground on my stomach. "Disappointing act of a Fairy King. You're far too inadequate to fight the Ten Commandments as well. It's difficult to believe that the Fairy King still can't manage to grow his pair of wings. Honestly, it's rather unheard of. In this state, it'll be hard for you to maintain true Spirit Spear, let alone manage to unleash a barrage."

"If you're going to kill me, then just get it over with already," I say weakly, my face turned to the side so that I can see the first Fairy King flying in the air, smiling down at me.

"Oh, you're going to die alright," he simply responds cheerfully, head tilted to the side. 

"Diane, I'm sorry," I splutter pathetically as cold tears rush down my cheeks and I shut my eyes.

I'm such a failure; I couldn't protect her. 

"That is if you both fall short of our expectations," Gloxinia suddenly adds.

Wait, what? What the hell is going on right now?

"We've decided we're going to subject you to a test," the Giant King continues.

"Our intention is to have the two of you surpass us," Gloxinia explains and raises a single finger in the air. "Now Spirit Spear Basquias, Seventh Configuration: Moon Rose, Drop of Life."