~ Chapter 2 ~

2. ~ A roof with a view ~

That night, Deku and Katsuki had gone to the event together. Of course they had. They're the fucking Wonder Duo. Thankfully, in Katsuki's opinion anyway, that meant they got to spend the majority of their time together. He liked having Deku close.

The networking event was long and boring, but productive for the agency's recruitment programmes and planning future partnerships.

The afterparty however, was much more fun. Everyone had started to let loose a little after the fourth or fifth drink. Especially when Dunce Face had started ordering shots.

Katsuki was standing at the bar laughing heartily at some shit Kiri was saying about Denki, when Deku's laugh made his head snap up to look at the freckled man. His dark green curls were bouncing as he rocked slightly giggling at something the half-n-half bastard was saying.

Deku turned his head to reply to Todoroki, one hand holding his drink, while the other patted the bi-coloured haired man's shoulder playfully. Katsuki's laughter had halted, his eyes narrowing, while the grip he held on his glass became uncomfortably tight.

He felt calloused fingers reach out and gently pat his own hand, removing the glass from his grip and placing it on the bar.

"Dude, chill. You look like you're gonna bust a vain," Shitty Hair voiced, looking sympathetically at Katsuki, "It's just Todoroki man, no need to get all jealous and shit, especially since you're always using the excuse of 'I don't know his sexuality Shitty Hair' to get out of confessing-"

"Keep it down for fuck's sake!" Katsuki hissed, picking up a tequila shot from the bar and throwing it back without even wincing.

Kiri rolled his eyes, taking a shot himself, before placing a hand on Katsuki's shoulder and leaning in.

"Dude, can't be jealous of another guy if you don't even know who he's into. Here's an idea, you could ask! Crazy, I know!"

Kiri chuckled before slipping his hand off of Katsuki's shoulder and proclaiming he needed to take a piss.

Katsuki grimaced, his eyes flickering back to Deku, who just so happened to look his way. The blond turned back towards the bar a little too quickly.

Fuck. Be cool, Katsuki. You're not even that drunk, pull it together.

Deku, excused himself to Todoroki and made a beeline for Katsuki, who was throwing back another shot in preparation for facing Deku after his stupidly jealous thoughts only moments before.

"Kacchan!" Deku slid up next to Katsuki, their elbows touching on the bar.

Deku's face was flushed pink from the booze he'd drunk, his eyelids dropping a little.

Yep, he's fucking wasted, shitty nerd.

Deku motioned to the bartender holding up two fingers and pointing to the now empty shot glasses on the bar.

"S'up nerd," Katsuki greeted, "that candy cane bastard boring you already."

He let a playful smirk adorn his handsome face, and Deku scoffed in mock offence.

"Not quite Kacchan, it's just I've seen a lot of people tonight that I haven't seen in a long time, which has been nice and all, but I thought I should come over. I feel like I've been neglecting my partner in crime!"

He directed his blinding smile at Katsuki, chuckling softly.

Now it was Katsuki's turn to scoff.

"I don't need you to check-in Deku, I'm not your fucking mother," he replied with no real malice behind his words.

"I know Kacchan, I know," the greenette sighed, "Honestly I'd just much rather hang out with you than anyone else here".