~ Chapter 10 ~

10. ~ No more distractions ~

Katsuki was pacing his apartment. Ever since he got home, he'd been a nervous wreck. He'd busied himself getting ready for tonight. He'd done shit for tonight that honestly was not even necessary - the face mask, the brand new clothes, the two extra layers of deodorant... the frankly excessive amount male grooming. No way they were going that far tonight, but he was nervous and fussing over the littlest things.

He would be setting off soon to make sure he got there before the nerd, and to see the set-up he'd entrusted to Pinky. He slapped his own cheeks, a little too hard, and stared himself down in the mirror. He could do this, Deku just needed to be there. Icyhot was a lot of things, but he was no quitter, and despite his previous lack of trust in Todoroki's behaviour around Deku, he had to admit he trusted the fucker in every other aspect. He might not like him that much, but he respected him. He'd get Deku there, he trusted him with that.

Katsuki ran a hand through his ash blond spikes, letting out a long breath as he adjusted and fastened his suit jacket. He'd pair a tailored black suit with a black dress shirt and shoes. It was simple enough, but damn he looked good. Everyone else at the gathering would be dressed casually, but Katsuki had someone to impress.

His phone vibrated notifying him that his town car was out front, and he grabbed his essentials before heading out.

The bar he was heading to was one of the Pro Hero's regular haunts. It was mostly Pros who hung out there as the owner was great about keeping out the media and had always been discreet about anything that went on inside. Honestly, it was kind of a safe haven for a lot of the heroes and support staff, somewhere they didn't have to be bothered. Katsuki had called the owner and asked to hire out the upstairs bar. The owner didn't treat Katsuki like a Hero, he just treated him like any other guy, and the explosive blond appreciated that.

So, that was the setting... kind of.

Soon Katsuki was thanking the driver and heading inside the bar, waving or nodding to a few of the Pro's, sidekicks, and support staff he recognised before heading straight for the stairs.

He pushed open the door to the upstairs bar, which had a 'No Access - Private Event' sign on the door, and was happy to see nearly everyone already there. Of course all of the Bakusquad were there, as well as Deku's friends Pink Cheeks, Glasses and the Frog. No Deku or Icyhot yet, and Katsuki hoped that was a good sign.

Katsuki wanted to make a beeline straight for the door to the balcony, but didn't make it one step into the room before an idiot ws accosting him.

"Bakubro! Looking fine AF! Damn, if Mido doesn't take you home tonight, I will!" Denki teased, winking at the blond playfully while trying to drape an arm around his shoulders.

Katsuki brushed him away, "Fuck off Dunce." The blond paused, "Wait aren't you hooking up with Ears?"

Jiro was over by the bar talking with Pink Cheeks, as Denki flushed pink a little.

"Dude! Keep it down man. We've only just started dating bro, nothing else has happened," he hissed, whisper-yelling at the number two hero.

"Aw, bro, she's still not giving it up, huh?" Sero laughed, nudging Denki as he came over to join the pair.

Denki rolled his eyes, "Shut up Sero, at least I'm dating someone!"

"Denks, that's not manly bro!" Kiri sidled up to Katsuki, laughing as he patted Sero's shoulder in mock comfort.

"So, how're feeling Bakubro?" Shitty Hair asked, handing Katuki a bottle of beer, which he took with a nod of thanks.

"How the fuck do you think i'm feeling?" He scowled.