~ Chapter 5 ~

5.~ Thank fuck for Kirishima ~

Now, at times Katsuki could be dense as fuck when it came to this shit, don't get him wrong, but on this occasion he could obviously tell that Shinsou was trying to telling him something. He just couldn't get his head around how Shinsou had thought anything was between Deku and him that would lead the insomniac to address it as he did.

Then there was the fact that as much as he wanted to blow Deku's fucking door down, storm in and make his case, he reminded himself that Deku currently wasn't even aware he had a case to make. And, in all honesty, Deku looked damn fucking angry, and Katsuki didn't wanna kill what relationship they did have because he was a jealous fucking idiot.

Although, angry Deku had definitely been filed away in Katsuki's mind for when fantasy Deku next came calling.

He had a lot to process, and somehow seemed even further from confessing, so without any further hesitation he texted Shitty Hair while leaving Deku's apartment.

7:24pm: Meet me at my place asap
7:24pm: And bring beer

Shitty Hair, 7:31pm: Bro? That bad huh? I'll be there soon man, hold it together til I get there!

Katsuki slammed the car door closed, starting the engine, before slamming his hands against the steering wheel. That really couldn't have gone much worse. Why the fuck didn't he just calmly ask Deku if they could talk. But no! Shinsou was openly Gay, and even if the hot head didn't know Deku's sexuality, the freak's presence had been enough to put him on edge. The slightest whiff of an interested party around Deku and he turns into a fucking dog trying to mark his territory.

Shit, Eyebags was right. I am a fucking dog.

Katsuki groaned as he pulled out of the complex and made his way home.

When he got into his apartment, he headed to his bedroom and threw on his comfy black sweats and hoodie, before moping back to the living room to fall face first into the couch and wait for Kiri.

The blonde laid there trying not to think about anything until Shitty Hair arrived, and failing miserably. He was pissed off, confused, and pretty fucking miserable that he psyched himself up for nothing. He fucking failed... and it wasn't something he was used to. Putting it mildly, it fucking sucked.

There was a knock at the door before Kiri let himself into the unlocked apartment with a twelve pack of beers on his arm.

He stood over Katsuki, who opened one red eye to look up at him.

Kiri set down the beers on the table, taking one out for himself and one for his friend. He held a beer out towards the blond with a soft smile on his face.

"Ok, start at the beginning bro. I'm all ears and I've got nowhere to be."

Katsuki relayed everything that had happened to Kiri, making sure to tell him all that was said, exactly as it was said.

Kiri almost felt like he should have been making notes with the way his bro recounted the events, but he stayed quiet, only nodding occasionally to show he was still listening until Katsuki finished and went silent.

He took another long drink from his beer, brows scrunched in thought, as Katsuki cracked open his third can.

"Well?" Katsuki said after some time.

Kiri scratched his chin, deciding honesty was the best policy.

"Honestly Kat, it sounds like you stormed in there and fucked yourself over."

"No fucking shit, tell me something I don't know dickhead," Katsuki scoffed in reply.

Kiri leaned forward, elbows on his knees, "Fine, here's how I see it dude", he put down his empty beer can clasping his hands together, 'You saw Shinsou and jumped to conclusions, even though you keep saying you don't know for sure Mido swings that way."

Katsuki eyed him curiously, "Go on".

"Mido not only brought up the fact that he knew you were jealous, but also that he thought you had a girlfriend. Clearly the idea of you being with someone upsets him, and he was pissed you had the audacity to be jealous, right?"

"Yup, really pissed."

Katsuki rubbed his face, mirroring Kiri's posture to listen intently.

"So put two and two together dude. He's practically screaming that he doesn't want you to be with anyone else. He was telling you that he's pissed you've acted jealous when he's held back and let you get on with throwing yourself at all these women. He's pissed you can be jealous of him when he's held back his own jealousy when it comes to you."

"I guess that could make sense," the blond trailed off in thought, feeling guilt retching in his stomach.

"Also, Shinsou is one of Midobro's best pals. I don't think that he was hooking up with Mido. No man, he was there to take him out for dinner because...." Kiri smacked his thigh feeling the pieces come together, "because he was comforting him! He was upset his crush was on the news with his new 'lover'!"

Kiri beamed like he'd just solved a murder mystery and it was Colonal Mustard in the ballroom wth the lead fucking pipe. He looked expectantly at the blond. Before the hot head could reply to his friend's assumed revelation, Kiri continued - he was on a roll, there was no stopping him now!

"And then there's what Shinsou said to you," Kiri could feel it all coming together so clearly and he just needed the blond to see it. To be honest, Katsuki already knew where this was going, and it made his heart pound, and his cheeks flush while his guts cramped with regret. He just needed his readheaded friend to say it all out loud so he knew he wasn't fucking crazy.

"He said it himself, 'especially when he see's who you're fucking all over the press'. That means Mido was upset by it. Oh, oh, And!" Kiri exclaimed excitedly, "He said green would look good on you! He meant Midobro! Deku is all green, all day bro! He meant Deku would look good on you!"

Kiri let out a short laugh, "Shinsou, so manly helping out his bro!"

Katsuki sucked in a deep breath, "The fuck? Shinsou was tryin' to help?"

"Yeah bro! He was trying to let you know you had a chance! You just gotta do something big ya know, something to show Mido you're not fucking around!"

Could it be? Did he really have a chance with Deku? All the signs were right fucking there, and boy was he an idiot. It could indeed be that Deku had been jealous and hurt by Katsuki's flings, even if just platonically, but Deku had clearly spoken with Shinsou about his feelings, so maybe it wasn't so platonic? Shinsou wanted to see his friend happy, and so the freak had to have been trying to give Katsuki a push in the right direction without breaking his friend's trust. Right?

Green would look fucking great on me, Katsuki thought, smirking.

He swigged his beer again. He had a lot to arrange to pull this off, and he had a fuck ton to apologise for too. He'd hurt Deku by trying not to lust after him. Katsuki pushed away the unhelpful thoughts that tried to cloud his mind, about how much time he'd already wasted when he could have been with his Deku.

Katsuki smacked his beer can on the table, with way more force than was necessary, and moved crimson eyes burning with determination to hold his friend's gaze.

"Kiri, call both squads. Find out when we can all go out together. Make it happen Shitty Hair. I've got a fucking plan."

Kiri literally fistbumped the air - who can blame him, he's been waiting for this for years! - before grinning at his friend, 'Finally man! What's the plan bro?"

Let's show that nerd I fucking love him.