~ Epilogue ~

~ Epilogue ~

The last couple of months had not been completely smooth sailing for the Wonder Duo. They talked, a lot, about the practical issues they needed to resolve. For example, did they want the world to know? Neither of them cared if the whole world knew, but they both decided they'd keep it amongst their friends and families just to enjoy their honeymoon phase before the whole world inevitably found out. They still went on dates and shopping trips, and did all the other things couples did, but they just kept the PDA on the down-low when out in public settings. The tabloids hadn't seemed to pay any notice, yet, since the two were already together so much in their daily lives.

When it came to work, nothing had changed. They fought side-by-side, just like they always had, they still always had each other's backs. If anyone had argued that they were now risking being targets as they were each other's weaknesses, well duh, no shit Sherlock. They always had been, all the way back before Camino Ward or the fight with Shigaraki proved it. Thankfully no one did make that argument, because Katsuki would have ripped them a new one. Everyone who knew had been wholly loving and supportive.

In terms of living arrangements, they'd spent that first night after the confession at Katsuki's apartment. There was no funny business, thank you very much. But, there were a lot of heavy make-out sessions, cuddling, and talking things over, as well as many shared whispered affirmations of their love for one another. They'd both finished work the next day and gone back to their respective homes promising to arrange to see each other outside of work as soon as possible, only for Deku to be asked to aid another hero agency in their search for a Villain with an 'amazing lava quirk' - At least those were Deku's words on the matter. This meant that for nearly the whole week Deku was away from Katsuki, and after work he was so exhausted that he'd not even make it to his bed, sleeping in his clothes on the couch instead.

By the time Thursday had rolled around, Katsuki had had enough. He didn't confess all his feelings and talk through all the complex shit with the nerd just to never see him. The texts and calls were great, when they actually had time to exchange them. All of a sudden, their hero ranks and hard work just seemed to have put them in a position that kept them apart. So, with all that playing on his mind, Katsuki had grabbed his keys at 1am and thought 'fuck this'. He'd left his apartment, and sped to Deku's on his bike. When he got up to Deku's apartment he'd banged on his door with zero fucks given, knowing the nerd would be dead to the world.

After a few mintues, and one angry neighbour who Katsuki told to "fuck off", a very sleepy Izuku had opened the door slightly, eyes widening in shock when he saw Katsuki there with an overnight bag.

"Kacchan?" He'd said, now fully awake.

Katsuki had pushed his way into the apartment, slammed and locked the door, thrown down his bag and bike helmet, and scooped up a bewildered Izuku.

"I'm sick of not seeing you nerd," Katsuki said into his boyfriend's shoulder, "I'm staying here."

Deku didn't say a word, he just hung onto Katsuki like a koala as he maneuvered them to the bedroom where they laid down in each other's embrace.

From then on, Katsuki had only gone home to get more clothes, or toiletries. His things slowly started to gather in Izuku's apartment. Deku had felt bad, protesting to Katsuki that they could stay at his home too, but the blond would never admit that Deku's apartment felt more like home than his own. After a few weeks of this, Deku had taken the initiative to give Katsuki a proposition. He didn't want Katsuki to feel like the apartment wasn't his own space, so despite Katsuki saying he didn't mind, Deku wanted to compromise and asked nervously if the blond would like to find a new apartment together.