~ Chapter 9 ~

9. ~ Thank fuck for Todoroki ~

Katsuki was right, he barely slept a fucking wink. Today was gonna be a long day.

Once he was up and dressed with a strong bitter coffee in his hand, he rang Shitty Hair.

Firstly he filled him in on last night's events, embarrassed at how badly he'd fucked up his opportunity.

"Damn Kat, I bet Mido is a wreck. It's good you texted him though bro, and honestly now tonight will be even more perfect. He's gonna be so surprised!" He could practically hear the glee in Kiri's voice.

He moved on to discussing the plan for tonight. It turned out Mina was off all day, so she was gonna be his point man for enacting his plan and making the necessary preparations.

"Don't worry bro, Mina is a huge romantic at heart, and she knows exactly what you want. She'll be headed to the bar around lunch to set up everything. She won't let you down bro!"

Katsuki thanked Shitty Hair - yes, he fucking thanked someone - threw on his jacket, and boots, and grabbed his helmet from the hall. Today felt like a day to take the bike out and blow off some stress on his way to work.

The sky was a perfect clear blue, the morning air cool and brisk, but the sun was warm. Katsuki breathed in the fresh air before pulling on his helmet, starting his bike, and speeding off.

He was early to the office. Not unusual for him. What was unusual was that the nerd wasn't sitting at his desk when he got there. His jacket and bag weren't there either.

Katsuki frowned, his brows furrowing. He checked his phone, 8:31am. Yep, the nerd should be here by now. Maybe yesterday's events had made the nerd a little nervous to face the blond alone. Katsuki should have known the shitnerd wouldn't make this easy. So Katsuki dropped his stuff at his desk and began to wander around the building, checking the kitchen, the staff room, the bathrooms, until he circled back to their office still finding it empty.

8:42am. No way the nerd would ever be late for a meeting. He made his way to the conference room at the end of the hall. When he opened the door, to his disappointment, he didn't find the freckled face of his partner, but the blank expression of one half-and-half bastard who was already seated at the table.

"Bakugou. You're early. Looking for something?" He said flatly.

Katsuki eyed him, "As a matter of fact I am, Halfie. You seen the nerd this morning?"

"Oh, Midoriya didn't tell you?" He asked, raising a brow. Katsuku saw the corners of his mouth twitch. This fucker is enjoying knowing something I don't.

"Obviously fucking not dipshit or I wouldn't be fucking asking. What do you know?" He asked, crossing his arms ready for some shitty back and forth with the bastard.

"He's taken a personal day. He's still on call for emergencies of course, but he had a thing."

His monotonous voice grated on Katsuki's every nerve, not to mention what the fuck was with his vague answer?

"He had 'a thing'? What fucking 'thing'? I need to talk to the little shit." Sarcasm dripped from the word 'thing' as he dropped into the seat opposite Todoroki. "Will he be still coming out tonight?"

"I doubt it," Todoroki replied, eyeing him with an annoyingly knowing look.

Katsuki's heart dropped. All this would be for nothing if he didn't get the nerd there. It was looking like he really was gonna have to invade the shithead's appartment just to confess! Or stage a high level villain attack to lure him out... Okay, that might be going too far... Maybe he could get Icyhot to help convince him... this thought alone clouded Katsuki's handsome features with a deep scowl because damn, he really didn't wanna ask this fuckwad for help.