~ Chapter 4 ~

4. ~ Who let the dogs out ~

Katsuki spent the majority of the day trying to stay busy. Trying because although he had plenty of shit to do, he couldn't seem to stop zoning out to imagine how the conversation would go.

At one point while he was jogging around his neighborhood, he'd even started to rehearse his chat with the nerd out loud, earning some pretty funny looks from the people he passed. They of course didn't know he was Pro Hero Dynamight, because his beanie and oversized hoodie were clearly fooling everyone.

He'd considered a lot of options, and how much he should disclose to the nerd: He could just walk straight up to the nerd and pull him into a heated make out session... that was a strong option, although it didn't really communicate how he really felt towards the green eyed hero. Other drafts of the conversation went on too long, and brought in far too many details about their depressing past relationship. He decided he'd just speak from the heart, but be sure to hit a couple of key points. Those being, I fucking love you and I'm fucking sorry. It dawned on Katsuki that this 'conversation' was quickly becoming a confession. Despite all his rehearsing, he decided that it would sort itself out, and hopefully result in Katsuki and Deku becoming an item.... ok, fine, there'd probably be a lot of talking between the confession and officially becoming Deku's boyfriend, and sure Katsuki would be emotionally fucking exausted by the end of it, but it would all be worth it to finally have Izuku in his arms.

Katsuki waited until six o'clock that evening to start getting ready to leave his apartment. He needed to give Deku time to get back home after his shift ended, and if he got ready too early he wouldn't have been able to stop himself creepily hanging around outside his partner's door before he even got home.

He laid out some clothing options from his closet. Katsuki wanted his outfit to show how fucking hot he is, yeah he knows how fucking hot he is - get the fuck over it, but he also didn't wanna look too much of a try-hard. In the end he settled for tight black jeans that hugged his assets, with slick black boots and belt, with a dark red button-up shirt that he knew for a fact was slightly too small for him. It was just tight enough to show off the outline of his muscles as he moved.

Spraying deodorant (not cologne - he knows from their childhood that Deku likes his natural bitter caramel scent), and running his hands through his soft blond spikes, he grabbed his car keys, wallet and phone, and walked out of the door.

He was taking his car tonight, and he hopped in blasting romantic anthems on his way over to Deku's place. What can he say, he's a sucker for a ballad.

By the time he arrived at Deku's building, his hands were sweating an unhealthy amount, especially considering the fact he has a nitroglycerin-like substance for sweat, and his heart was pounding loud as fuck in his ears.

He exited his car, letting the winter air cool off his skin, and shook his head, bouncing on his heels slightly like a boxer psyching himself up for a fight. Slapping his own cheeks, he gave himself a pep talk in the parking lot.

"It's just fucking Deku, you talk to him all the damn time! Breath you asshole and let's fucking do this."

He flashed his ID at the building's security staff and went straight for the elevator before he could pussy out.

While waiting for the elevator he texted Shitty Hair.

6:52pm: Oi shithead, I'm going to Deku's to talk to him now.If this ends badly I will hunt you down, shave your fucking shitty hair off and then shove it so fair up your ass you'll be coughing up hairballs for weeks to come.
6:53pm: You better fucking hope this goes well you fucker.