~ Chapter 8 ~

8. ~What's a little emotional baggage between friends? ~

The car ride to Katsuki's apartment was comfortably silent, and Deku didn't question the blond taking him back to his place. It seemed he wanted to talk and Izuku was happy to listen, in fact he felt privileged that his oldest friend wanted to open up to him about something.

They entered the apartment, removing their shoes, and Deku made for the sofa while Katsuki grabbed them both a water from the fridge.

Deku had been here plenty of times, but rarely alone, and he sat statuesque until Katsuki came back and plopped himself down beside the greenette, handing him a bottle of water.

They both drank their water before Katsuki sighed and leant back into the cushions, causing Deku to turn his whole body towards him and cross his legs on the sofa.

"I've never told anyone this Deku," the blond said, picking at the label on his water bottle, "and I never wanna fucking talk about it again after. It stays between us."

The concern on Izuku's face only deepened, as he leaned forward, nodding gently.

"At Dunce's birthday I was trashed. I don't even remember drinking that much, but when someone attached themself to me, I just went with it. I didn't even know it was her at that point." He didn't even want her name in his mouth while telling this story.

"Anyway, we ended up in a bathroom stall, and she was... well, you know. I'll spare you the details, nerd."

Izuku scrunched his face, nodding again, signaling he was much happier without the in-depth description.

"You remember my rules right?", Izuku hummed in confirmation, "Well, she tried to break one of 'em. She...." Fuck, why was this so hard? Internally, he answered himself... because you let someone take advantage of you, that's why. You were fucking weak. He reminded himself of the therapy sessions, of realising that this was not his failing but someone else's, and pushed forward.

"She pushed me back onto the toilet seat, and she tried to fuck me. She was shitfaced too. When she was trying to take off her underwear I told her I didn't wanna fuck her. But, she ignored me. She kept pushing me back down, and I was woozy as shit from the booze, so my body wouldn't do what I wanted right away. My responses were slow as fuck."

He was staring daggers into the bottle he was still holding, face twisted in anger and discomfort at the memory. Deku was listening intently, brows furrowed, eyes glassy, as he reached out and removed the bottle from Katuski's grasp, replacing it with his own freckled hand which the blond took instantly.

If it weren't for all the shitty feelings recounting this event had brought up, he'd be fucking ecstatic that he was holding Izuku's hand right now. It was warm, soft and comforting, and he squeezed it slightly between his larger tanned hands.

Izuku rubbed his thumb across the back of Katsuki's hand, "It's ok Kacchan, I'm here."

Katsuki kept his eyes on their clasped hands, breathing deeply.

"I kept telling her no, but she carried on trying to climb into my lap anyway. My uh... let's just say I wasn't in the mood anymore, so she kept touching me, trying to get me going even though I'd told her no. I was uncomfortable as fuck and I lost my shit, Deku."

"I pinned her back against the wall and I wanted to fucking kill her, for making me feel weak and vulnerable, and because she made me lose control. You know I don't do well when I'm made to look weak. And I know I have my shit down a lot these days, but I felt like that out of control kid all over again."