I'm her girlfriend

"484 and 148, 7/11 on Flagler Street, short female, seventeen-years-old, pink hair, dark complexion."

Jason Blossom glanced at the police scanner in his car, his eyebrows furrowed for a moment before reaching over and pulling the handheld radio to his mouth, speaking clearly into it.

"7/11 on Flagler? Isn't that Tom's shop?"

"Yeah - says a teenager tried to buy beer with a fake ID."

Jason let out a sigh and shook his head.

"Is he sure this time? Last time I was sent there and wasted my time on a poor girl who practically started a riot because she was accused of shoplifting sanitary supplies when I could've been covering that homicide on Brickell Avenue. Plus, she was my sisters best friend."

"Well he says its legit this time. I dunno man, could be something, could be nothing. Better check it out just in case."

The officer shook his head once again, putting his car in drive and pulling out of his spot by Pop's Diner where he had intended to buy dinner - there went his plans.

Arriving at the store a few short minutes later, he saw a very angry Tom through the window and his eyebrows raised to his hairline, getting down and locking his patrol car.

Entering the store, Tom turned his glare on the teenager to the officer, his attention caught by the welcome bell going off above his head. His dark complexion lit up at the sight of him and he smiled, opening his arms in welcome.

"Ah, Officer Blossom! Nice of you to join us!" He spoke in his thick Jamaican accent.

The teenagers eyebrow quirked at the name and then smirked, staying silent.

Jason gave the store clerk a smile back, resting his hands on the cashier counter that separated the two men.

"Hello, Tom. What is it this time?"

Tom's smile fell and was replaced with a scowl, pointing in the direction of the teenager, where she was handcuffed to the bench she was sitting on.

"That little girl tried to buy my beer," he slammed his hand down on the pack she tried to buy and Officer Blossom winced, "with a stupid fake ID. She also tried to steal a pack of cigarettes."

Jason looked at him and raised an eyebrow.
"Well how are you sure it's fake?"

Tom scoffed at the question and turned around, picking up the card from behind him and slamming it on the counter, allowing the officer to pick it up and examine it.

"It says she's 32, I may wear contacts but I am not blind! That child looks like she just came fresh out of the womb!"

Jason glanced at the angry man and turned to look at the smirking teenager, now knowing her name to be Toni Topaz as it said on the ID.

"Thirty-two?"

Toni smirked at him and tipped her head, letting her shoulders shrug lightly as she replied,

"What can I say? I age gracefully."

Officer Blossom only sighed then paused as he noticed the handcuffs on her right wrist and turned to look at Tom.

"You handcuffed her?"

"It was the only way she wouldn't run off!"

— — —

The ride back to the station was silent for both the officer and culprit. Until the formers phone rang and he had no choice but to answer.

"No doubts
No more fears
I see you shine and the dark disappears
Then I know everything is gonna be fine
Because you shine
Oh how you shine
You shine"