Chapter 5- The color of his life

"hm?"
Amelia tilted her head and looked at Alexis in the face.

"You've changed a lot Alexis..."

"What...? what do you mean?"
Alexis looked puzzled hearing Amelia.

It wasn't a physical change on Alexis, but more of like the way he treated her and his attitude.

He clearly showed signs that he was comfortable with Amelia.

"Your Attitude has changed"

'He didn't drink any potion, did he...???"

Alexis knew what Amelia meant right away.
Although it was fast for him to change his attitude quickly, it was because Amelia showed signs of changing her attitude that Alexis was able to change his point of view of her.

As someone who judge right away... he'd definitely be aware... that the Amelia he's facing now has changed, completely...

"hm... well Princess Amelia has changed too"
Alexis smirked at Amelia and tilted his head to the right.

'he's smirking....? again?'
Amelia thought.

"so... where is that man?"
Alexis lost his smile immediately as he said it.

"hm? you mean Edward...?"

"yeah"

'Why would he think about Edward right now...? well... Edward's family does support Alexis' position... so there should he no problem... right?'

"oh... well, he is leaving this evening... he has to go to the Cestaricko Empire... for a mission that father assigned..."
Amelia said... as she continued walking with Alexis.

"I see"

As they continued walking .... it was quiet... and awkward at the same time.

But... Amelia was the only one... thinking about the Awkwardness of the situation she's currently in.

Alexis looked like he was thinking of something else... which made Amelia stay quiet to not disturb him.

What did Alexis thought of? it was none other than the happenings of his past with Amelia.

(hello everyone! if there is a -> : <- before the text, it means Alexis is narrating)

:I first met Amelia in the Emperor and the Empress' 12th wedding anniversary... at that time, Amelia was still 12... our first meeting was on the Hilian lake, a lake named after the Emperor...

:Since Amelia's mother was my mother's best friend in the past, We would always see each other... almost... everyday...

:But i hated it... i was a lot older than Amelia at that time... but Amelia still clinged to me as if I was her Fiance... which made rumors that we'll be engaged in the future spread.

:But when the Emperor started to get sick, The Empress took over... Since The Empress came from a powerful family, it was not a problem... and she was kind to others... many people loved her, that's why it wasn't a problem.

:But for that reason, my mother and the Empress didn't talk much because they were busy... and i didn't have to see Princess Amelia again...

:But i wasn't able to avoid that... since we'd often see each other at Imperial Banquets... at that time, Amelia was 14 and many people loved her because she was so-called kind and had a poisonous beauty... the Epitome of the Goddess Zephyr, who was known for her beauty.

The Goddess Zephyr is the Goddess of their World, she was also known for her outstanding beauty. Many people would worship her, As she was their Goddess, and the Goddess of Light, beauty, Power, and nature.

There is also the Goddess Leslie, The Goddess of Darkness, Rage, Greediness, and death.

"Alexis....!!! come! wanna dance the first dance with me?"
Amelia said with a grinning face as she offered her hand to Alexis.

"No thank you, your highness..."
Alexis refused coldly, turned around and walked away.

Many people looked at Amelia with pity as they knew that Amelia liked Alexis but got denied.

:I didn't mean to Embarrass her at that time... it just so happens that i didn't wanna dance with her.

...
:but... why did i visit her today? it's probably because... ever since months ago... my life started to be boring... despite the power that i hold... i felt like i was missing something...?

:But when she joked around me when we met up at the place Marlon picked for us... a color passed by... and stayed there, permanently... ever since that day, i had a motivation to live on... because... there was someone willing to discuss or talk something that isn't about work... despite them knowing that i was a serious person.

:She has also respected my mother, who was once a woman from a fallen family... and have a blood of commoner, which was why no one truly respected her anymore since father's death.

:So... what made me change how i treat her...? it's because... she was that person who gave back color to my life...

:If i changed this much, she did too.

"Alexis...?"
Amelia called out to Alexis as she stopped walking.

"Huh...?"
Alexis came back to his senses... but he wondered... since when did they enter the greenhouse? and why was Amelia standing 10 steps away?

:huh...?

:AH!

Splash.

In a clear blue river in the Glass greenhouse, Alexis fell into the river as he was thinking so deep that he forgot where he was headed to and stepping at.

Pant...Pant...

"Giggle, even the Grand duke is that busy thinking?"
Amelia giggled at Alexis, with a teasing tone.

Alexis quickly came back to the grasses and stood up.
"I apologize for my rudeness, your highness"
Alexis placed his right hand to his chest and slightly bowed.

"It's okay, Grand duke"

Amelia continued Laughing as if bullying Alexis in a fun way.

"Bring a towel and extra cloth for the Grand duke"
Amelia ordered the maids.

two maids slightly bowed and left to go get the towel and extra clothes.

A minute later, they came back with a white towel, plain white long sleeve thin clothes and black pants.

Amelia took the towel and rubbed it on Alexis' blonde hair.

"Y-your highness...! please, let me do it myself...!"
Alexis blushed as many maids and guards were watching them.

a moment later.

"done...!"
Amelia gave the towel to a maid.

"now... guards, please escort the Grand duke to the VIP guest room in the Imperial Princess' palace for him to change his clothes..."

Amelia looked at the guards.

"Yes, your highness!"
The Guards gave a salute gesture.