14 - Memory, time and fate (1.0)

"..what?" Sometimes Alexis can be very stupid.

Metal turns into black whenever it is placed on poison, and metal is always used here in Volerei due to its big supply of metal.
You can easily say if the tea is poisoned or not, unless you are stupid.

"You aren't planning to poison me, right Alexis?" I smiled as I asked, if he did, then he's just repeating history.

But if he didn't... that would be something new...

"Of course i'm not. Your highness, my apologies but if I remember correctly, you have a meeting this evening."

"Yes, well then, I must leave. Thank you for having me sir Vischetel."

"It was an honor meeting with you, your highness."

——
A few hours later, Amelia kept lying in her bed and covering herself in her fluffy light golden blanket.

'... A way to stop reincarnation... is an act that defies the heavens. Defying the flow of time and fate... only makes the gods angry.' Amelia deeply thought.

But reincarnation itself defies the flow of time and fate.

'I can't just wait for this lifetime to end, what if I go back ? and what if I get a bad ending still. Must I anger the gods just because of my desire to end my life?'

Amelia stood up from the bed and went out of the room, the hallways looks unusually empty.
She walked to the Imperial Chapel, a place in the palace which is located so near to the heir's room.
They say this Chapel was where the 3rd Crown Prince prayed for his victory on the war, every single day until he won. It was not just because of that, that it became famous, many stories tell that this Chapel was the place where the soul of a god had lived.

It was a belief that Amelia did not believe. She didn't visit the Chapel for a long time, her last visit was before her execution on her third life. She had prayed to not get executed, but... she still lost her head.

The moonlight seemed to have shone on the Chapel's glass ceiling/roof, and the light reflected on the flowers. It smelled very much like the temple.

Amelia, on a white silk dress kneeled on the emerald floor.

"On my third life, my prayer did not get approved by the heavens. Was it because I already committed the crime? how much more lifetimes, pain and sufferings do I have to face to end this? Am I the only one whom time and fate wants to play with?"
Memories of her Childhood of happiness flashed back until it slowly showed her worst memories.

Life is a gift but will it still be called life when you only exist and not truly be happy of what memories you have now?
I can no longer feel what "We only live once" feels like.

    The sky is not the limit, this world isn't the limit, of all universes, of all worlds, did I really
have to be born in this one? Maybe it's okay if I have another life... But...