Chapter 8, Ochaco's determination

(Saki Kana pov)

I won't take too long with the introductions, but hello, everyone. Welcome to the second season of My Hero Academia.

"Ka-chan, don't forget your emergency kit!" Mom called just as I was about to put on my school shoes.

She handed me my light blue kit that contained esper-related items. I then finished putting on my shoes and waved my mom goodbye.

I have to be on time if I want to catch the train.

-𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚒 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙-

I finally arrived at school, albeit a bit overwhelmed. I got held up on the train because the passengers had to flood me with questions since I wore the uniform of U.A.

I thought Japanese train etiquettes require everyone to mind their own business? I even had to use some of my powers on them.

"Hey, did you watch the news last night?" I overheard Hagakure ask as I settled down on my seat.

"Did you see how everyone in the class was on screen for a second? I didn't stand out at all..."

It's most likely cause you're invisible. I'm not gonna lie, half of the time I forget that you're even here.

"That's true."
"It's hard to stand out like that, huh?" Shoji and Ojiro seemed to agree with her.

"But man, the channels made a big deal out of it." Kaminari leaned back on his chair. "I was surprised." Kirishima piped, joining in the conversation.

"Can you blame them? The course that keeps pumping out pro heroes was attacked." Jirou stated.

"Who knows what would've happened if the teachers hadn't come when they did." Sero mused out. "Stop that, Sero! Just thinking about it's making me wet myself--"

"Shut up! Be quiet, scum!" Bakugou cut off Mineta, scolding him.

Why is Mineta even in the hero course? Who's in charge of the system? They must be high on something if they think Mineta belongs in here.

"But man, All Might was great. He pushed back those crazy strong villains." Sato made punching motions. "Yes, his strength is worth wondering at," Tokoyami agreed.

"Everyone! Morning homeroom is about to start! Stop talking and take your seats!" Iida boomed to the class. "We're already in our seats," somebody remarked.

Thank you for voicing my thoughts.

"Shoot!"
"Don't worry about it!" Uraraka reassured him playfully.

"Tsu, who's..." Ashido leaned back on her chair, causing her to almost crash until Asui caught her.
"...gonna teach homeroom today?" She continued.

"Well, Mr. Aizawa is supposed to be in the hospital recovering from his injuries..." Asui answered right before she was interrupted by the door sliding open.

And in came our homeroom teacher, with bandages covering his whole face and arms, making him look like a mummy.

Hallowe'en is over, dude.

"Morning", Mr. Aizawa greeted. "Mr. Aizawa, you're back to soon!" Yelled the class. "You're too much of a pro!" Kaminari shuddered.

"So you're all right, Mr. Aizawa?" Iida raised his hand.

Oh yeah, sure. If you call being wrapped around in bandages and having both of your arms in a cast all right, then yeah, he's all right.

"My well-being doesn't matter." Mr. Aizawa answered Iida's question. "More importantly, the fight is not yet over." He added.