Chapter 13, Daddy Issues pt.1

Saki Kana pov:

Previously: during the cavalry battle. We all thought we wouldn't make it out alive. Well, figuratively speaking– but anyway, after Team Midoriya won the cavalry battle, I gave Iida the cold shoulder. I hate people who have too much of an ego. Enough of this talk- let's eat. I'm starving.

I headed straight towards the cafeteria- avoiding everyone I knew. Move, bitch. Don't block my way between a deliciously perfect meal and me. My dad stopped me from eating breakfast because he woke up after his alarm. Not my fault he and Mom slept late because they were doing the deed. Curse you, old man.

3rd person pov:

Somewhere in the crowds. "Aaah-choo!!" "What's the matter, dear?" Ying, Kana's mom, asked. Her dad carrying a pile of snacks from the vending machine, sat down and brought out his hanky to wipe his nose.

"It's nothing, my sweet." He gave a sniffle. "Someone must be talking about my devilishly handsome charms, hm-hm." He chuckled while passing a bottle of water to Ying. "Mhmm." She side-eyed him.

"Of-of course, it doesn't change my love for you! You'll always be my only Belladonna– these handsome looks are for you and you alone. I don't care about the other girls. The stars in the sky envy how bright the sun shines. And I'm your moon amongst the galaxy of stars who have eyes for you and you alone."

He cupped her cheek gently and caringly. His expression softened as he stared lovingly at the love of his life. "Honey," Ying breathed out. She pulled him for a kiss, not minding how many stares they were getting.

Saki Kana pov:

"I think I'll get the miso soup with a cup of rice, a 5-pc ebi tempura basket with a side of chicken karaage, a large iced coffee, and a lava cake for dessert," I told the staff. I grabbed my tray as soon as they finished preparing my order. I then went off to find a vacant seat.

Without any people in it.

I plopped my tray down and slid onto my seat. The seat was without any people surrounding it. In other words, the perfect one for me. This moment has got to be the most peaceful I've had in a while ever since I came to this school.

After I finished my lunch, I tidied up my dishes, stacked them on top of each other, and carried them with the tray, placing them by the table near the trash bins for the staff to pick up later. Suddenly, a hand grasped my shoulder.

I turned around to see who dared to harass me, and it was none other than Mr. Socially Lacking Skills. "Let's have a chat... but not in here." He beckoned for me to follow him.

This action is way out of my consent. It's no wonder you're lonely.

He led me to a secluded part of the cafeteria, where he interrogated me. "What was that back there?" His tone sounded as cold as a blizzard on a cold winter's night. I stood my ground and held the same expression I've always donned. Ain't no boy with daddy issues going to buckle me up.

"I know Iida didn't miss," he stepped closer to me. "And?" I egged him on. "I know you did something to make him swerve and make me miss, grabbing your ribbon." He was fuming as his gaze met mine. Those alluring set of heterochromatic eyes now held something inside them; fury toward me.

"And... why do you think it's got something to do with me? You have no proof. What if you got that ribbon because you like my hair? Want to have it? Just buy a wig, darling. It's only a couple of dollars at the beauty shop. Or, if you want something more realistic, you can get some hair extensions instead."