Chapter 10, I'm doing my best... in my own quirky way

(Saki Kana pov)

Previously, the day of the sports festival finally arrived. A lot of things happened. Basically, Todoroki boldly challenged Midoriya for the win, all because Midoriya has a somewhat connection to All Might.

And right now, I'm fighting for my life against him so right back to the story...

"He stopped them!"
"Between their legs!"
"We can get through!"
"She demolished some of them! Let's use this to our advantage!"

The rest of the students seemed to have an ounce of hope.

"I wouldn't if I were you. I froze them when they were unbalanced. They'll fall over." Todoroki warned them as he dashed forward without looking back before the robots came tumbling down.

A large cloud of dust blew beneath my nape, blowing my pink locks in different directions. I gave a 'seriously man?' look to Todoroki, who still had his stoic expression.

"The first one through the first barrier is Shoto Todoroki from Class 1-A! Followed by Saki Kana from Class 1-A, too!" Present Mic yelled.

I tried to dodge Todoroki's attacks that were thrown at me while Present Mic continued yelling about the events that were happening right now.

I haven't even paid any attention to this guy and now, all of a sudden, I sparked his interest? Good grief, boys.

He continued to throw attacks toward me while I dodged them and the robots that tried to attack me.

"We finally arrived at the second part of the race." I skidded to a stop as a cliff lay beneath my feet.

"Hey, hey! The first barrier's a piece of cake? Then what about the second?" Present Mic said almost tauntingly.

"If you fall, you're out! If you don't wanna fall, then crawl! It's the Fall!"

This would be easy if I could just use levitation. Hmm... I got it!

The other students started arriving after I had spaced out, thinking of a plan.

I backed up a bit, then got into a running stance, deciding to put my plan into action. I dashed fast and then bounded off the ground with a mighty leap and landed on the other side.

You see, I used levitation to get to the other side. But the others don't know that, now, do they?

I smirked mischievously, then looked behind me and saw that some students had caught up.

"Wow! Saki Kana made it through with only ONE JUMP! And what an extraordinary dramatic landing! Unbelievable! She's even ahead of Todoroki now!"

Wait, what? I thought he went on ahead?! Damn it! I lost sight of him.

Sure enough, when I looked back, I saw Todoroki gaining speed on one of the ropes with a scowl on his face.

Well, nothing to do about it now.

I continued to run towards the next destination of the challenge.

Let's just hope that the next part will cost me my definite win.

"The lead pack is a step ahead, but below them, everyone's clumped together! They haven't announced how many people will make it through, so you can't relax! Push forward!"
Present Mic said quite excitedly.

I came to an abrupt stop when the scenery before me changed. Instead of the purple ground beneath me, up ahead was a dirt track with lumps scattered over it like measles.

"And now, we've quickly arrived at the final barrier! The reality here is... that it's a minefield!" Present Mic revealed. Todoroki arrived shortly after, and he too came to a halt.