Chapter 41 - The Twins

Y/N's POV

"Who's calling my sister, babe?"

Another voice from behind me asks, making me turn around in a swift motion. The first thing I notice is the blonde hair pulled into a high bun, green eyes staring at me with a raised eyebrow.

The woman grins, seeming awfully amused by my utterly stunned expression. "Did you hear what I just asked?"

"Who- What?" I shake my head, seeing double, my drunk mind telling me that this can't be right.

"You look a bit shocked, dear? Are you alright?" The woman asks with false kindness, raising a brow, taking a step closer.

I move back, bumping against another body, two hands settling around my waist, steadying me as I stumble a bit. My heart drops low into my stomach, muscles tensing at the sudden contact.

"Careful there, darling. We don't want you to fall for us." The other woman chuckles behind me, letting go of my waist as she is certain that I'm steady on both feet again. "Well,... not yet anyway."

I move to the side, a few feet away from the blondes, and try to catch my breath. My eyes bounce between the two women who stare at me with an identical wide grin, my brows furrowing together.

"God, I'm too drunk for this." I mumble, touching my forehead as I feel a headache coming.

"No worries, you can stay with us until you're sober again." The woman with her hair loosely down her back says, lifting her hand, and orders a glass of water for me.

I gulp, trying to make sense of the situation. Who are these women, and why do they look just like her?

The other woman nods. "She's right, you can stay here. We don't want anyone to take advantage of your state. Seems like you're quite lost, dear?"

"Stop teasing her, Makayla." Lizzie's voice comes from behind me, my body relaxing instantly. Her voice has a tiny edge to it as I feel her presence behind me, not touching my waist, but the warmth radiating from her body is enough for me.

"I wasn't doing anything, little sis." The woman - Makayla - chuckles, holding her hands up in apology. "We just talked."

"Didn't seem like just talking," Lizzie murmurs.

My eyes widen, looking at Lizzie and the women with utter confusion. Then it hits me as I notice the similarities and I swallow hard. "Wait- Are those your sisters?" I ask, turning around to Lizzie.

She nods, a flicker of amusement appearing in her eyes, but it's quickly replaced by her annoyed glance as her eyes look over my shoulder. "Sadly...yes."

I hide my face in my palm in embarrassment, hoping to shield myself from their eyes. "I'm so dumb." I let out in a whisper, remembering the pictures I saw of them as kids. It isn't that hard to realize the similarities between them, which makes the confusion from before only more humiliating.

"You're not dumb, just a bit slow to catch on." The woman with the bun teases, giving me a reassuring grin. "I'm Makayla and this right here is my lovely sister Alice."

Alice raises a brow, waving at me in a flirty movement. "Nice to meet you."

"It's- It's nice to make your acquaintance. I'm y/n." I feel myself getting hot as their bright eyes burn into my skin.

"Aw, how polite you are. So who's your friend, babe?" Makayla asks, tilting her head to the side in question.

"Or might I even say girlfriend?" Alice grins mischievously, eyes bouncing between Lizzie and me.