Part 12

Jimin's POV

"Jimin, this is Jungkook" Taehyung popped up at the door of my house this morning as planned, bringing his brother who was responsible for Jihee's broken bones, and also, although partly, responsible for Hyun's birth.

"Jungkook, this is Jimin" he then introduced the man to me, and I didn't feel ready all of a sudden.

"Hi," the man stepped inside the door following Taehyung who had made himself at home, and I gulped once as the distance between us got reduced.

"Hi,"

"And that cute boy here is Hyun," Taehyung pointed to Hyun who had been with me to greet the guests, but since he knew that Taehyung was bringing someone to our house today, he kept himself hidden behind me.

"Mama?" My boy peeked out his head from behind my legs and looked curiously towards the man beside Taehyung, and I felt a bit nervous as I stepped aside for Hyun to see the guy clearly.

"You can say hi to Uncle Jungkook. He is Uncle Tae's brother that we talked about yesterday, honey" awkwardly smiling to the boy, doing my best to not make any eye contact with the one who's supposed to be Hyun's father, Hyun seemed to be the one who was more accepting towards the new guy's presence.

"Uncle Jung-koo?" He spoke with his cute eyes twinkled brilliantly, and I tensed for a second when this Jungkook guy suddenly crouched down right in front of me, levelling his eyes with Hyun who was still having his hands clutched to my pants.

"Hi, you must be Hyun" he smiled beautiful, and I was star struck for a while when I saw the similarity of his smile with my son's.

"Yes, my name is Park Hyun," Hyun scooted closer to me, trying to hide himself again probably feeling shy, and Taehyung was quick to swoop the boy away from me.

"Hyun, let's leave mama to talk with Uncle Jungkook and go play with Auntie Jihee, shall we?" the man escaped immediately without giving me any warning, and I was left with the new guy all by myself at the front door.

Jungkook cleared his throat as he got back up and stood tall in front of me, while I clutched my hands tightly together to keep my composure.

We only met once on that fateful night, without knowing each other's name, and never have been in any kind of contact ever since.

The silence was overwhelming.

There's so much emotions riling up inside me, that it made me at lost of words.

I didn't know what to say.

The father to my son was standing right in front of me.

Is it really him?

Who am I kidding.

It is him.

Hyun had most of his features.

The eyes.

The nose scrunch.

The bunny teeth.

The straight black hair.

And I hated to admit, but the...height as well.

Hyun was tall for his age, and this man in front of me sure was taller than me.

"Do you mind if we take a seat first?" He broke the silence first making me jumped a bit, and I stepped aside for him to enter my house.

"Oh, sorry. Please, come in. You don't mind coffee, do you?" I took steps towards the kitchen at which he followed, and I was aware at how close he was as he trailed behind me.

"I love it," he spoke low making me felt goosebumps all over my body, and I knew straight away that he was that guy.

He really was.

That voice was the exact same voice as that night.

Gosh, keep calm Jimin.

"Please, have a seat," pointing to the empty seats, Jungkook sat on one without complaint as I quickly poured him the coffee I've prepared earlier to receive the new guest.

"Thank you," that's all he said, and another period of silence passed through us as we sipped the coffee quietly.

"Do you - I don't really know what to say, actually" giving up since I still couldn't organize my thoughts on what to say, Jungkook took the lead by being straightforward.

"I have been searching for you, although I stopped not long after" he told, and when his eyes looked up from the mug to look at my reaction, I could feel my heart thumping loud at how attractive he was.

"Why did you search for me?" asking the question out, telling my mind to keep my head on the conversation instead of thinking of that night, I bit my inner cheek when he smiled a bit at my question.

"I felt the need to. I had a strong urge to find you. Maybe because somehow I already had the feeling that you might probably be - pregnant, after that night," his voice was slow and calm all the way, but I can't brush off the tingly feelings in my heart hearing his voice.

"Do you plan to take responsibility if you knew?" I played with the mug in my hand, a bit hesitant to ask.

"To be honest I don't know, and that's probably why I couldn't find you all that while. Because I might tell you to do the worst thing possible," his voice was dripping with guilt as he spoke the honest comment, but I didn't really blame him.

He refused the first time, but I insisted.

"I never thought of not giving birth to Hyun. Although I knew it'd be hard, but I have enough to support me and the baby. And I have Jihee's support as well," giving him my unwavering opinion ever since before I knew I was pregnant with my son, I smiled thinking of the little miracle of mine.

"I'm sorry for not continuing my search for you. You're way closer than I thought," he apologized, but I shook my head.

It's not his fault.

"It's okay. But now that you know that Hyun and I are here, what do you want to do?"

Wanting him to speak his mind after discovering a baby of his and this guy he had been searching for, I looked at him straight, waiting for his answer.

Jungkook looked at me back with his enchanting eyes, and it didn't took long for him to give me his answer.

"I want to know more about you two,"