Chapter 5

Room 29... ugh this is gonna take a while.

I walked past the other rooms until I finally stumbled across my room. I grabbed my key and opened it, hoping that my roommate wouldn't be as bad as the 'mutt' guy.

As I opened the door, I was surprised to see Trix.

"Hi V," Trix said with a smile, she smiled at me briefly before continuing to type on her computer. 

"V?" I asked. "Oh wait, why are you here? I thought they were separating wolves and humans."

"They mixed the wolves and humans, so yeah, we're roommates," she explained.

Before I could interrupt, she continued, "Because," she cleared her throat. "One, the wolves could protect themselves if ever the humans try something— not that I think you're going to try something," she immediately added when she saw the look on my face. 

"And, two, the wolves won't try anything, unless they want to become rogue, it can get them killed, so nothing to worry about," she said, shrugging her shoulders as if it were nothing. 

I shrugged and took a moment to look around.

We both had the same beds with a brown-ish rug patterned with different stripes of brown on it. A small wooden table sat beside each of our beds, the one that I'm assuming was mine had some books on top of it. A creamy curtain was just right in between the room, it was opened right now, it was probably made for us to have some privacy.

A door stood just around the corner, most probably the bathroom, where I was heading. 

I twisted the doorknob and went in. I opened the shower and started scrubbing. 

After I finished, I literally wrecked the whole place by trying to find where the towels were.

 Finally, in the last cupboard I opened, I found four fluffy white towels. I grabbed one of them, then, dried and covered myself. I changed into one of the most comfortable pj's I could find.

Luckily, they provided us with clothing, because basically, we were under their protection. And the clothing they provided was much more comfortable than the ones I normally had at home. Maybe living with wolves weren't so bad after all.

I hopped onto my bed and looked over at Trix. She was already preparing to sleep, cleaning her desk and turning her computer off. I looked over to the wooden table next to me. I touched one of the book covers. Trix didn't have books on hers, probably because she wasn't new? I checked the title of the one with a gray leather cover. 'The Ancient Wolves' 

Hmmm, interesting. 

I'll probably read it tomorrow after work. I didn't bother checking the covers of the other two books because soon after, I fell asleep.

***

I woke up to the sound of an alarm clock ringing. No, it's not my alarm clock. It was Trix'. And it seemed like she was running late because she still hasn't woken up yet.

Wasn't really my business but I liked waking people up.

I walked over to her and started shaking, pinching, and slapping her to wake her up. I even tried looking for her tickly spot and put the ringing alarm in her ear.

One last choice then.

It was the worse for the victim and best for the attacker.

Mind you, this is my favorite way of waking someone up.

I slowly walked into the bathroom, as if giving her the 'last chance' to wake up.

I got a random empty vase that didn't even have flowers or plants or whatever wolves put it in vases and filled it with some water. I went back to her and splashed the whole thing on her sleeping figure.

"What the-," she screamed before she got a glimpse of her alarm clock.

"Oh shit, I'm late, gotta go, thanks but no thanks for your waking technique," Trix said before dashing into the shower to take a quick bath.

Honestly, I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do, so I just took the same book that I saw last night and placed it on my lap.

I flipped through the pages until I found something that caught my eye. A picture of Caine and his brothers, a black and white picture. Before I could look down at the description, Emma burst into the room. Uninvited.

"What are you doing in here?

"You need to get working right now, Caine has been asking for his breakfast fifteen minutes ago." She panted, she had obviously ran up all the way here.

 I immediately bolted up from bed and rushed down the stairs with Emma without another word. I bolted in the kitchen, grabbed a tray, filled it with food grabbed a random drink and rushed up the stairs to where the Alpha's lived in.

But just as I was about to open the door I overheard the Alphas talking, and my hand froze.

"Should we have the other humans changed?"

"It might be risky... but we also need backup. The vampires are trying to take over," another voice said.

"We already turned some of the boys but I'm not sure about the rest," a voice that I recognized that was Caine's.

I tried peeking from the white door, which was a mistake because they all stared at me. Anger is evident in their eyes. So I thought of the most logical thing to do. Open the door and state my business, and be done with it. But it didn't really go as planned.

As soon as I placed the tray on their common room table, Carter pushed me towards the ground and held a fist near my face. I tried to wriggle free from his grasp, but of course, he was too strong for me.

"Eavesdropping isn't nice you know, especially when it's about something you shouldn't know about."