Chapter 8

After the words left the werewolf's mouth, I suddenly thought about all the possible things he could do to me. Since I was still pinned on the wall, he could torture or even kill me. Fear bubbled in my insides. Will he bite me everywhere until I die? Stab me? Whip me like he did to the guy? What will he do?! Without noticing, I was trembling and shaking. The werewolf raised the whip and was about to whip me when he was suddenly thrown to the ground.

By Caine.

My eyes literally popped out of its sockets when Caine punched the guy. Everyone was staring, feeling as shocked as I am. Like why would Caine even help me? I slapped and talked back to him. He has every right to be angry— at the slap part. But I doubt that he even felt it, for one, I think I  was the one who got hurt by slapping him. His face was as hard as stone! 

Caine was talking to the guy, and I actually feel bad for him. He looked so scared and his face showed pure terror. Who wouldn't be scared of Caine? He's an Alpha, higher rank, more powerful, stronger and who knows what else? Caleb has telekinesis- what can he do? At this point, I don't even think I want to know. But still, I have the right to be curious. I winced as the man struggled to get back on his feet.

I couldn't watch this any longer. And so I opened the doors leading to the exit and went up my room. I didn't have anything else to do so I just took a warm bath and started flipping through the same gray leather covered book, learning more about werewolves until I'd have to do something I guess.

So... basically Caine and his brothers have magic?! Like how crazy is that? I almost feel bad for the man that he was beating up earlier. But them that could have been me. Call me selfish but I can't help it. I'm not ready to die. I plopped down to bed and flipped through the pages.

***

I opened the door to the Alpha's rooms quietly, and I placed the tray filled with food on Caine's desk. Then, I went back down the stairs, going to my friends' usual table and started eating my lasagna. I listened in their conversation until it dropped to me. 

"Sylvia, don't you think its weird that Caine did what he did a while ago?" Anna asked, shifting the topic. I almost jumped in surprise.

"I don't know? What did he do?" I feel stupid for saying that. He just saved my life.

"He threatened the werewolf guy to never touch you again," Emma explained, pointing her fork to me for more effect.

I choked on my lasagna and stared at the now very interesting floor.

"Do you think...?" Emma said, giggling like a girl. She is  a girl.

"No!" I practically screamed, feeling my cheeks redden at the thought. "He's an alpha and I'm just his slave that does everything he wants, nothing else," I said, trying to clear the thought from their minds.

"Yeah. Sure." Anna said, grinning like an idiot. Meanwhile, Emma was making 'oooooh' sounds while smirking. 

I glared at them. "If you two seriously think— I don't know what to do with you guys anymore," I muttered.

"You left before you heard what he was saying so— you wouldn't know why we're totally shipping you two!" Emma squealed. 

"If you two think that the two— alpha and a slave, can be together, then I don't think you guys can get any dumber." 

"Hmph," Emma pouted, crossing her arms across her chest.

I laughed as I finished the rest of my lasagna and drank some water. "I'll see you guys tomorrow, good night," I said to them before I went to my room.

After all that happened on this day, I fell asleep almost immediately.

***

I yawned and stretched my arms. But when I opened my eyes, I literally screamed. There was a butterfly on my nose. A large brown butterfly. Trix jolted awake when she heard me, thinking it was something important. Then, she laughed. "Are you seriously afraid of a butterfly?" 

"Perhaps, perhaps not."

"Butterflies aren't supposed to be scary."

"They're insects!"

She sighed, talking about humans and their fear for such little innocent insects. Well, who could blame me for being scared of them? It appeared on my nose, right after I woke up. Or has it been standing there since I fell asleep? I don't even want to think about it. Slowly, I tried shoving it away. But, after deciding it would be better to give it to chance and make it shoo willingly, I waved my hand around my nose, and, as if on cue, it gracefully flew away. Finally.

I went onto doing my morning routine, and since it was too early, I went downstairs to grab some chips in the kitchen. You may think that we are 'stuck' here and that we are slaves and all, but they're actually pretty nice to us, and I'm grateful for that. 

I grabbed a bag of chips and went back up the stairs, I opened the door to my room and sat on my bed. I grabbed the same gray covered book and flipped it open, wanting to have my questions answered.