Chapter 27

After the group introduced themselves, they excused themselves because they said they had to do something. I didn't get why they even bothered talking to me. I was, after all, a filthy human in a werewolf's eyes. At least I think I was.

The next day was up before I knew it. I tried getting closer to those four amusing friends, turns out, they were the talk of the pack. I found some new things out, like Brody and Ryker being extreme enemies, Brody and his love for Skittles, and other things about Charlotte and Liana.

I went into the dining room lazily, letting the door slam shut softly behind me. I sat beside Brody, he was the easiest to get along with after all. When the pack chef's served the food, Brody immediately leaped on the table and protected the plate of bacons.

"Stop!" He said, pointing his fork at someone who was about to get a piece of bacon. "Mine, mine, mine, mine..."

"You're so annoying," Ryker growled, snatching one of the bacons away from him.

"Ok well, I guess I should leave some space in my tummy for dessert after all," Brody replied, rubbing his stomach.

Maybe not all wolves that were born as wolves were that bad. I guess some could be nice after all. I smiled at Brody, he was the friendliest and the first person who accepted me among the werewolves. I could tell he was favored to be in here, I could tell everyone enjoyed his presence even though some may hide the enjoyment. They enjoyed his childishness and immaturity, only a few people are left with those traits, only some people are left innocent.

Since Brody is eating all the bacons, I decided to just eat pasta. I filled my plate with carbonara and twirled my fork until it was enveloped in pasta. I started eating, wondering if the Alpha's also came to eat in here. Well, no, I was wondering if Caine will eat here. During the past days, I had only eaten in my room, locking myself up, but since I have some friends now, I decided to eat in the dining room, where the pack eats.

I started eating and when I was halfway done, I realized Caine won't be eating here. I had forgotten how I had served him food, personally, and he ate in his room. I wonder who was serving him food right now.

Ezra came running down the stairs, three empty, dirty trays in his hand. "Uhh, is there still food for me to eat?" He glanced on the table, seeing that most of the plates were empty

"Ehm... Brody ate most of everything," Charlotte muttered, pointing at the empty dishes on the table. "But we could ask the pack's chef for the day to get you something to eat?"

Brody gave Ezra a toothy smile. "Sorry dude, I was just too hungry. But I'll spare you some chicken wings for a pack of Skittles?" He offered.

Ezra rolled his eyes. "I don't know where will I even find those stuff, like, do werewolves even eat those?"

"Me, yes. Well, you should have some in your room, it's right in the bin filled with treats. If I knew you hadn't known I would've stolen it." He clamped a hand on his mouth, then spoke again. "I mean it's not considered as stealing, you didn't even know it existed."

"Nah, I'm keeping my Skittles, I'll just ask the pack chef for some food."

"They're shift is done."

Ezra stopped short from his tracks. "What did you just say?"

"Their shift is done," Brody lied again. "So it's either you give me my Skittles or you starve for the night." He faked a serious face.

"Fine. You've got a deal."

***

This is it. Today is the day I was supposed to be 'accepted' in the pack. Today is the acceptance ceremony. All of the humans were now turned to werewolves, so they didn't have to worry about us running away or disobeying the Alpha's, since if ever we get banned from the pack, we would turn into Rogues.

I have read all about Rogues. They were werewolves who either willingly or forcefully became one, Rogues weren't from any pack, they were lone wolves, and I kind of felt bad for them. They were forced to leave their family when they had to leave their pack, they also had to leave their mates unless they chose to go rogue with him/her. Being a Rogue was deadly, they were a free-for-all kill.

My fingers brushed and pulled the zipper on my back. I was glad I had a long-enough arm to do that. I wore a silver-grey dress, with a pair of matching heels that wasn't too tall as I was not used to wearing heels. I curled and did my hair, I didn't bother putting some make-up on as I never have in my entire life.

Except for when Emma drew lipstick all over my face and made me look like a complete clown.

I sat on the seat, starting at my appearance in the mirror. I looked fine, I guess.

An unfamiliar wolf peeked his head on the door. "The ceremony is starting in 5 minutes, I came to remind you."

I nodded my head in acknowledgment, and he left the room. I grabbed the half-empty bottle of perfume from the table. This had been my childhood favorite, the smell of vanilla and roses. I had put this on almost everyday, which made the scent stick to me even without the perfume, but I sprayed it on anyway.

Wolves I wasn't familiar with led us to double doors, they were made of white wood and was very extravagant. I heard a man say words inside the doors. Then, the doors were opened, and we filled the room one by one, going in by order, by age. The children were up the front, followed by teens and adults. I was the eleventh one in line, and my breath hitched when I saw him.

Caine.