37 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐀𝐃𝐄

WARNING: mild sexual content!

THE ARCADE

"Do you know if your friends got home safely?" Iwaizumi asks as he pulls into a parking spot in front of the arcade.

You tap on the keyboard, replying to Tae's message. "Yeah, they're together at Trinity's place," you giggle at her message. "She said that a guy at the party was tempting her with edibles when Trinity found her. Now they're having a sleepover together."

"A sleepover without you?"

You glance over at him. "Did you already forget how the last one went?"

"No, I remember," he says, leaning over the middle compartment to quickly peck your cheek. "I remember everything."

You cup his chin in your hands, squeezing his face before bringing your lips to his. "Take me inside before I drag you into the backseats."

He smiles against your lips. "I wouldn't mind that."

"Iwa!"

"Fine," he whines before pecking you one last time and helping you out of his car.

Iwaizumi opens the entrance doors, letting you into the arcade first. There is music playing, not as loud―and as obnoxious―as the music from Oikawa's party, and there are people travelling around in groups.

From the entrance, you spot different arcade games, mostly video games, pinball machines, claw machines, table hockey, and other redemption games. The machines flash in different colours, contrasting against the neon printed carpet that glowed in the dark room.

You look around, watching people play with the different machines while Iwaizumi pays for your tickets. He loads up on a points card, giving the two of you entry and access to all of the games.

He secures a wristband on your arm. "For you."

"Thank you," you say before giving the admission's associate a quick nod. The worker allows you through, and you join the groups of people in the gaming area. "What should we do first?"

"There's this one video game that we have to do," Iwaizumi grabs your hand and leads you through the crowd, heading to the back of the arcade. You look around, taking in the flashing images on the different screens, and you even watch someone win a toy from a claw machine.

"Oh! Can we do that one?" You ask, pointing to the pink claw machine filled with plushies.

Iwaizumi looks back. "Of course, but first, I must redeem myself." He stops in front of a video game. You smile widely when you see four seats with steering wheels and foot pedals. A big screen was spread across the wall, displaying the Mario Kart logo.

"Oh my," you gasp. "This is awesome!"

"I know right," He presses his points card on two of the chairs, claiming one for you and one for himself. "I hope you're ready to lose to me again."

"Again?" You take your seat and play with the different controls. "You never won."

"Whatever," Iwaizumi says before carefully sliding the pink remote from his pocket, making sure that you didn't see. He holds the remote against the steering wheel, hiding it behind his hand as he gets a feel of the controls.