39 | 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐆𝐎

LET HIM GO

Iwaizumi opens the door to his condo while keeping an arm around your waist. You tumble inside, being careful not to break the kiss, and he closes the door with a backward kick.

"Is your mom home?" you ask against his lips.

He shakes his head. "I don't think so," he slips his shoes off as his lips move gently with yours. You giggle against his mouth, and you wrap your arms around his neck as he holds your hips.

You bite his lower lip before looking into his eyes. "Take this dress off of me."

He grins. "It would be my pleasure," Iwaizumi parts his lips, kissing you slowly as his fingers find the zipper on your back.

"Wow," a voice says from behind you. His fingers freeze on the zipper. "You two put on quite a show."

You take a step back from Iwaizumi to find Mao sitting at the dining table. She holds a wine glass in her hand with Runa sleeping next to her on the table. "Oh my."

"Oh my, indeed," Mao gets up from her seat, swirling the last drop of wine in her cup before gulping it down. "I was wondering when you'd come home, Hajime."

Iwaizumi swallows a lump in his throat. "I went to Oikawa's for a bit, then I took y/n to the arcade."

"Arcade..." Mao takes slow strides towards you. She studies your face, and she reaches out to brush the hair on your shoulder aside. "What did you two do at the arcade?" she asks as she spots the hickeys on your neck.

"We just hung out, that's all―" Iwaizumi stops when he sees his mother eyeing him.

Mao nods her head towards the hallway. "Let me have a minute with her." Iwaizumi rubs your back before whispering a quick goodbye. He disappears into the dark hallway, and your pulse quickens when you see Mao square her shoulders. "Come. Sit with me, darling." she gestures to the dining table, "I need to have quite a serious chat with you."

You take a seat across from her, having already assumed what was to come. "Listen, if it's about the marks on my neck and me telling him to take off my dress, I'm completely sorry and I hope that didn't upset you―"

You take a breath when Mao leans back in her chair, looking completely relaxed. She grins, "You think I want to talk about that?"

"Well," you blink, not knowing whether she was joking or not. "I thought... I just assumed..."

Mao shakes her head. "No," she leans on the table, and she pets Runa's back when she sees her waking up. "I'm definitely surprised," a small laugh leaves her. "I've never seen him with anyone before. I'm happy, but I'm also worried."

Worried? "Why?"

She inhales deeply as she watches Runa move over to snuggle next to you. "Well, it's obvious that you too have your fun," Mao says, remembering the bruises on your skin and the sound of your voice tempting her son. "Every mother knows, but there's nothing wrong with that. Love and loving is a part of life, and I'm happy to see you and him together. I just wasn't prepared."

Runa makes small noises, asking for affection. You run your fingers gently through her fur. "Is that why you're worried? That something might happen to me?"