[ iv ] 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐒

[ iv ] WHEN IN PARIS

Everything in your dream felt real, maybe too real

Everything in your dream felt real, maybe too real. A part of you doesn't believe it was a dream at all, and that same part hopes that it might have actually happened.

When you start to catch your breath, you slowly turn in the bed, half expecting to see Iwaizumi on the other side. Instead, you're met with messy sheets.

"Hajime?" you call out as you toss the blanket over, but you're met with silence. At least the bedroom is real, with the same white sheets and pillows cushioning your body.

As you stand, you finally realize that you're dressed in nothing but your panties, a sign that maybe your dream wasn't actually a dream. You find clothes sprawled out on the floor, and at the other side of the room, the door to the living area is open.

"Hajime?" you say as you step out. There's no one, only the same cream furniture, spotless surfaces, and the morning sunlight pouring through the windows. Near the front door, you find your luggage standing next to a table with a familiar red bottle — more signs that everything that happened last night was real.

Despite being alone, a few birds swoop down on the balcony, chirping as they land on the rail. You watch them take flight, just before you hear an abrupt plop and a groan somewhere behind you.

Instantly, you turn around. "Hajime?"

"Y/n?" He finally responds, sounding a bit worried. "I'm in here."

You quickly go back inside the bedroom, only remembering that there's another door to a bathroom where the shower is running. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he says over the running water. You sigh with relief when you hear his voice again. "I just dropped something in here... and it hit my toe."

You chuckle through your nose. "It better not be soap."

Iwaizumi is already picking up the bottle before he can register the dark joke. There's silence as he straightens and finally understands. "Ha ha," he says sarcastically, "very funny."

When you make it to the door, you crack it open and peek your head inside. The bathroom is clean, with marble surfaces, two sinks, and a large bathtub that will probably go unused. "Wow, it's nice in here."

"It's even nicer in the shower," he opens the frosted glass door and copies you, peeking his head past the crack. Water drips from his hair, landing on toned shoulders and honestly the wet sight of him leaves little to your imagination. "You okay?"

You nod your head, fighting hard to keep your eyes on his. "I thought I was alone for a moment."

"I'd never leave you alone here," he grins, "Do you need help with something?"

"Actually," you lean against the door frame, "I don't think I remember what happened last night."

Iwaizumi's brow quirks up. "You don't remember..." he drags out the syllable, still questioning whether he heard your right, "what happened last night?"