Chapter 81

I was returned to the cottage that night with Charlotte. With no one else to keep us company now that Augie was in the attic with Simon and Fred left to hunt with Bree and Diego, it was just me and my girl. 

Charlotte had some questions for me over Simon. She was curious and a little excited that he was a little similar to her. Both half vampire and both not venomous. So she wanted to know more. So I told her as much about the things he could do and where he came from without giving away the consequences of him using his abilities for his own purpose... which he seemed to be doing, regardless.

Which explains why he's so tired, irritated and hungry all the time. I don't think he's received any demands to do anything and by the rules he's told me, that's probably coming back to bite him in the ass in some way that didn't include him laying in a pool of his own blood.

The next day Charlotte was taken and I was left behind. Jacob was in his human form for a bit to let me know that three more vampires came right after Garrett, by the name of Mary and Randall who came together after meeting up part way here and another by the name of Toshiro. 

"It's a nightmare being there. Seriously, with all those blood— i mean, people around... i had to send my pack running with Same for a bit. Leah would die here."

"Leah's tougher than that," i muttered.

Jacob eyed me for a bit. His eyes on my neck where the bite was bruised and very visible. There was probably a lot he wasn't okay with at the moment, such as all these vampires having to hunt. Killing humans just out of their jurisdiction. Jacob had heard what Simon was doing. Protecting the house from an invisible spy, whose intention we didn't know. 

If Oliver wasn't involved i would be more confident to ask Simon to stop what he was doing. But there was too much Oliver could do. Over powered by all the lives he had before. Over powered by the venom coursing through his veins. And too secretive to not doubt.

"It doesn't hurt anymore," i told him lightly setting my hand over my wound. "He'd never hurt me if he wasn't desperate."

Jacob scoffed. "Yeah. I'll remember that when he kills you. He's never hurt you so he must've been desperate... but i guess it won't matter. He'll just bring you back and do this again..."

I had nothing to say to him. Jacob was okay with the Cullens and maybe accepting of the Denali but the others killed people and that was a line he would never cross. The others killing people, unsurprisingly, didn't bother me much. As long as it wasn't someone I knew and cared about i was okay with a vampire being a vampire.

"Keep my girl safe, Jake."

"Do you even have to ask?" He snorted then shifted back into a  wolf and carried her off.

I think the first thing I did was go to sleep and stayed asleep even when the door opened and I smelled food wafting in. I ignored it and continued sleeping. I only stayed awake when Charlotte was returned and we ate dinner together and we read another book together. Then she told me that Demetri, Rosalie and Emmett had returned.

She showed me the shock and hesitance of Amun after reuniting with Demetri. She was wondering why. And so i told her that story too. As much as i knew about it anyway for details she'd have to ask Demetri directly.

Then she showed me Theo. He came out of the room they kept Gabriel in to see Demetri. Where he was promptly introduced to Amun.

"Mom, dad said I'll be find staying at home," Char said.

"Do you want to?" I asked her.

"But then you'll be lonely..."

"I'll never be lonely when I know you love and think of me so much," i hugged her tightly and she giggled.