09

One by one they helped each other climb out of the bags, grabbing their weapon's that have been discarded to the side. Veryan quickly ran up to his own, and checked everything over for any damage.

"You know, I'm pretty surprised that instrument of yours hasn't fallen of yet" Bilbo commented to the male as he pointed to the black box.

Veryan lightly smiled and patted the case "I've reinforced it with magic Mr. Baggins. It's pretty unlikely for it to fall of without me taking it off"

Bilbo nodded to himself, then looked up at the boy again "You can just call me Bilbo, were all in the same mess here"

Veryan blushed, and rubbed his neck "I'm quit sorry. I was thought to say it as a sign of respect"

Bilbo chuckled and turned to look at the Dwarves "Just between you and me, I don't think they really care about that"

The boy snorted and tucked the handle oh his blade onto his back "I'm made to believe your right, Bilbo"

He glanced twords Gandalf, and saw him talking with Thorin. His eye's glowed a light purple as he tuned in to their conversation.

Bilbo gasped in surprise, looking between the slight scowling face of Veryan, and the two talking figures down the left of them.

Veryan blinked once, twice, and his eye's went back to normal, looking down at Bilbo "Don't worry Bilbo, they're just discussing on what to do now"

That seemed to take Bilbo's mind off of what he just witnessed, as the Hobbit just nodded and scurried away.

In all truth, Thorin was giving no credit to Bilbo or himself in that matter, whilst Gandalf defended their thinking. They also talked about the Trolls, how they've never traveled this far, and how they couldn't have traveled in broad daylight, thinking there to be a cave near by.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thorin gathered them all up, and the group started their walk, searching for the Troll cave. When they did end up finding it, one by one entered, walking slowly as to not trip on anything.

"Oh, what's that stench?" Fili said in disgust as he looked around.

Veryan lightly giggled, patting his shoulder "We're in a Troll cave, I don't suppose it should smell of daisies"

"Be careful what you touch" Thorin called out to everyone, keeping his weapon in front of him as Gandalf lead.

Everyone took their own paths to look around. Whilst Gloin, Bofur and Nori took it upon themselves to bury a chest of gold coins, Gandalf and Thorin found a set of Elvin swords, deciding to keep them. It was then that Thorin ushered everyone out, and everyone that hasn't went yet followed, except for one. Gandalf stumbled upon something, and when he uncovered the object from it's leafy grave, he saw a sword. Small, but fit for a smaller figure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bilbo" The Wizard called as he emerged from the cave.

"Hmm?" Bilbo turned to him, ready to help if he was asked.

"Here. This is about your size" he handed the sword to Bilbo.

The Hobbit took it wary, before he shook his head, pushing it twords Gandalf "I can't take this"

"The blade is of Elvish make, which means it will glow blue when Orcs or Goblins are nearby" Gandalf tried to reassure, pushing the blade back to Bilbo, but the Hobbit still seemed hesitant. "I have never used a sword in my life"

Gandalf looked worriedly, almost wary, at him "And i hope you never have to. But if you do, remember this: True courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one"