Chapter 4: We are Acquaintances

Elisa's POV

"Dad, run!" I told him as Optimus's hand landed gently on the floor.

He grabbed my wrist, "You too."

"I have to help Optimus. I owe him." I explained, looking around in case any of the MECH men were here.

"No you don't. He freed me. I owe him. You need to escape. You heard Silas. He's coming for you." Dad said.

I bit my lip, "Then I guess we both stay."

Dad huffed.

I ran over to Optimus, "They still have those electro-cannons. You need to get up and transform."

Slowly, Optimus's metal shifted until he was a truck again. The doors opened and I grabbed Dad's wrist before pushing him in first.

"Elisa, do you know which way we will be closest to a signal or internet?" Optimus asked as we sped away.

"Yes. You're going straight for it, why?"

"I need to contact my team and I believe our location is too remote to get the signal out." He explained.

"How many of you are there? Are all trucks aliens? How do you transform? What planet did you come from? Is this metal a shell? What do you eat? How are-"

"Dad! Not the moment!" I exclaimed, putting my hand over his mouth.

Suddenly there was an explosion and Optimus was thrown forward, transforming. I saw him catch Dad before we landed, but his metal fingers just barely touched me.

I was thrown forward and I rolled across the ground. I coughed, gritting my teeth together as the bullet wound on my leg screamed in pain despite the pain pills Silas gave me.

Something hard slammed into my side and I cried out, rolling onto my back. Silas looked down at me with a snarl as his men ran past to get Optimus and Dad.

He grabbed my throat and pulled me up, pushing me into a tree. I raised my knee but he blocked it.

We stared into each other's eyes for a moment.

"You would have made a great agent." He told me, bringing a knife up to my face.

It's cold surface brushed against my cheek and I shivered.

"Just... let Optimus and my Dad go. They didn't do anything to you." I told him.

Silas laughed, "I've been battling that bot for some time now. We've been enemies. And your father? He'll die for your mistakes."

"I dare you to even try." I sneered.

Silas smirked and raised his leg, pressing his knee into the sensitive wound on my leg. I cried out as hot white pain shot through me.

"You aren't really in the position to be making threats."

I snarled at him in disgust, but his hand tightened on my throat. He was enjoying this! I would not be some play toy!

I slammed up my knee again and his time he wasn't ready for it. It landed between his legs and I moved out of the way of his knife before kicking him backward.

With his own leg wound, Silas stumbled and fell down. I quickly slammed my good foot into his face and knocked him out.

Further ahead, Optimus was dealing with the other agents well. Only a few remained and the giant bot shot a blast at their feet, exploding the ground. The shockwave sent then flying back.

I ran forward and he looked around until spotting me.

"Elisa, are you unharmed?" He asked in concern, holding out his hand.