Chapter 10: Welcome back Home

Ratchet's POV

"Follow the light." I ordered, shining my laser back and forth.

Optimus easily moved his optics in sync with it and I nodded.

"Good. You two can go now, but Nurse Darby and I are watching you." I warned them.

Optimus stood off the berth and left to go join the others.

After Optimus woke up, he found Elisa and the two have been inseparable since. Their relationship was cute, but pesky.

I followed after the two and Optimus sat down, letting Elisa talk to her mother and Agent Fowler. Jack, Miko, and Raf were all asleep, along with the other Autobots.

Magnus stayed awake for a while, but I ordered him to bed.

Optimus's injuries were minimal. Nothing physical other than a few small mesh wounds. However, he did have a concussion and some memory issues.

He kept forgetting that he was in our base and not MECH's. Our base was new too, so the unfamiliarity of it was not helping.

During one of these such episodes, Optimus attacked me and Arcee to get to Elisa. He apologized profusely after we restrained him, claiming that he thought we were more of MECH's clones, like Nemesis Prime.

You could tell Optimus was ashamed and embarrassed, so we tried to make sure we didn't trigger another of these episodes. We've been successful so far.

One of the ways we helped was allowing him to stay with Elisa.

Elisa herself suffered more wounds than Optimus. She was grieving and Optimus revealed to us that Silas killed her father. Most likely in front of her.

Although, the girl's stubborn nature did not allow us to see any of that pain, other than her faraway stares imto nothingness. Optimus seemed to be the only one she was letting in.

Her shoulder was also cut. It was shallow and short, but Silas managed to cut just the right spot for her to lose a lot of blood. We had enough time while they were unconscious to transfer enough to her.

The only good thing was that Megatron hadn't done anything yet, so the Decepticons couldn't possibly know that we were at a disadvantage right now.

Smokescreen was also pretty upset, feeling guilty about leaving Elisa behind. Nobody blamed him though and Optimus even apologized for his rash actions.

His decisions had been logical and without him, Optimus would have been offlined by Megatron after the base exploded.

Besides, none of us could have thought of M.E.C.H. in the middle of a crisis like the Decepticons taking over the planet. If anyone was to blame it was me.

I was the only one who had given up. I went to a junkyard and sat their for days instead of trying to find the others.

I knew where that old ship had been and I could have tracked Elisa's necklace down. I had failed Optimus and her.

"Ratchet." Agent Fowler cleared his throat, looking at me from the edge of the human area.

"Yes?" I asked, stepping closer.

"I have... bad news." He frowned, "Elisa's dad was her legal guardian and she was only visiting her mom. Nurse Darby doesn't have any custody over Elisa. Even now."

"You realize I don't know what a legal guardian or custody is right?"

"Elisa is a minor. She has to live with someone and when her parents broke up, Elisa's father was the person responsible for her. Legally, Nurse Darby doesn't have any cus-" Agent Fowler sighed in frustration.