Chapter 5: Adjusting to Normality

Jack's POV

Last night we all had dinner together. It was very tense.

Elisa and I tried to break the silence by telling everyone about our adventures. Mom kept getting mad at Dad for putting Elisa in danger and Dad kept getting mad at Mom for putting me in danger.

Especially when I mentioned that I went to another planet to save Optimus. Or when Elisa mentioned that she wrestled a crocodile to save a kid.

The both of us were pretty tired of their bickering. Elisa and I had done lots of dangerous things in our lives, but those things were our choices.

It was our first time seeing each other in forever and our parents were intent on going for each other's throats and ruining it.

In the end, we left them to sort out their mess by themselves and Agent Fowler. Elisa and I went and talked in my room for a while. There were a lot of stories that went around.

I always knew Elisa was pretty tough, but I never realized just how much until then. She would have been a great help to Team Prime every time that we went out in the field.

Especially against MECH.

After a few hours, Elisa fell asleep and I told Mom and Dad. They agreed it would be best to stay the night, but in the morning, Dad and Elisa would have to leave again.

I sighed. I could barely sleep last night, knowing that I might never see Elisa again. And if I did, we would have to wait years.

Elisa cuddled the pillow that I gave her and sighed. She was sleeping hard, no doubt exhausted over what she had to do yesterday.

Taking down Optimus was no little feat. I'm pretty proud of her.

Someone knocked on my door and Elisa's eye shot open.

"What? Where?"

"Come in!" I said.

Mom and Dad walked in. Mom's eyes were red.

"Elisa. It's time to go." Dad told her.

"We- we're leaving? We just got here!" She exclaimed, standing up.

"I know, but your Mom and I think it's best to keep our distance." He told her.

Elisa looked between the two, and then at me a moment before looking at our Dad angrily.

"That's not fair! Just because you two can't stand each other doesn't mean we can't! What about Jack and me?" She asked.

Dad sighed, "The world isn't always fair. You know that."

Elisa glared, "This isn't the world! It's you two!"

I frowned, "Elisa is right. Just stay a little longer, Dad."

"Jack, this isn't up for discussion." Mom told me sternly.

"You heard your mother. Let's go." Dad told Elisa.

Elisa took a step away, "No."

I grabbed her hand and looked at our parents with determination.

"Raised on different sides of the Atlantic and somehow they managed to turn out exactly the same." Dad huffed.

"I'm tired of exploring Dad. Let's stay." Elisa said.

"You know I can't do that honey." He told her.

"Why don't you let Elisa stay with me for a little while?" Mom suggested.

"But, I..." Dad looked at Elisa and sighed.

"Alright."

Elisa grinned and rushed forward, dropping my hand and hugging our Dad.