Chapter 6: Turning the Tables

Elisa's POV

Ratchet's monitor started beeping just as Bulkhead and Smokescreen drove into base.

"What is it?" Optimus asked.

"An embedded message. From Dreadwing." Ratchet replied.

"It must be a trap." Arcee said.

"He says he comes in peace. He's brought something in our interests." Ratchet told everyone.

"Why would he help us?" Smokescreen asked.

"Either way, we don't have a choice. If he has the omega keys, this is a risk we must take." Optimus told them. "Ratchet, activate the groundbridge."

The Autobots walked through the portal and it closed. I bit my lip as Ratchet maintained constant contact with them.

I felt useless. Miko was in Sunday detention and Raf was at his house tutoring Jack on Geometry. Mom was working at the hospital.

I wasn't bothered that I was spending the day with the Autobots, but I was bothered that they were walking into a potential trap and I couldn't help.

When Dad was doing dangerous stuff, there was always something I could do to help.

When the Autobots came back in, Optimus was carrying a giant golden hammer. The mood seemed significantly higher.

"There is no time to waste." Optimus said.

"What's going on?" I asked Arcee.

"That's the Forge of Solus Prime. In the hands of Optimus, it can create anything out of anything. He's going to alter our groundbridge so that it can be a spacebridge." Arcee explained.

"I'm guessing a spacebridge goes to space?" I guessed.

"But more importantly, to Cybertron, our home planet. Once Megatron discovers the Omega Lock, he'll go there to being Cybertron back with the Omega Keys." Arcee explained.

"Isn't that a good thing?" I frowned.

"No if the Decepticons are doing it. He'll use the fact that he did it to sway all the neutral parties to the Decepticon cause. He'll destroy the Autobots and conquer Earth. We doubt that he'll stop there either." Arcee told me.

"So only Megatron can unlock the Omega lock with the keys?" I asked.

Arcee nodded.

"Why doesn't Optimus just make new Omega Keys?"

"It doesn't work like that." Arcee sighed. "The Omega lock is infused with Primus's powers."

Optimus stood up from the groundbridge controls and looked at Ratchet.

"You've done it Optimus." Ratchet told him, looking up from the monitor.

The monitor started beeping, "But it seems Megatron has discovered the Omega Lock. Another powerful energon burst just went off."

Optimus frowned, "While we have lost that advantage, Megatron still does not know we possess the means for interstellar travel."

Arcee walked away to go join the others around Optimus.

"This is our most important mission yet. The fate of the future of Cybertron rests in our servos. Gather the relics." He said.

Everyone turned around to get a relic.

"Ratchet, man the spacebridge." Optimus ordered before looking at me. "And groundbridge Elisa to Raf's house."

Ratchet nodded and opened the groundbridge. Optimus picked me up and walked to it.