TEN

-EXPEDITE-

-
EXPEDITE
-

NANCY AND JONATHAN repeatedly tried the button to lift the barrier so they could drive the car into the lab, but it didn't seem to be working.

"It's not working?" Nancy asked.

"I think the power is off." Jonathan said, but then something in the woods caught Nancy's attention.

"Jonathan." She said.

"What?" He asked.

"I think there's something in the woods." She whispered and walked towards it.

"Hello?" Jonathan called. "Who's there?" He tried again, and to their utter surprise, Steve came trudging towards them with Irina at his side and Dustin, Lucas and Max following behind them.

"Steve?" They both exclaimed simultaneously in shock. The small group stared back at the two of them with the same amount of shock on their faces too.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy asked, almost angrily.

"What are you doing here?" Steve retaliated.

"We were looking for Mike and Will." She told him.

"They are not in there, are they?" Irina questioned, knowing how bad it could already be if they were.

"We're not sure." Nancy replied and, as if on cue, another roar came from inside the lab.

"Черт возьми (holy shit)." Irina muttered as Dustin and Jonathan tried the button again when they saw that the power had come back on. It finally worked and Nancy and Jonathan scarpered into the car to go and get Joyce, Hopper and the kids, leaving the others to wait anxiously. Irina leant against the side of the fence besides Steve, who twirled his bat between his fingers again.

"Irina?" He said, getting her attention.

"Hm?" She hummed in response, looking up at him.

"W-what did Dustin mean when he said how deserved to know the truth about the demorgoron, a-and Eleven and all that stuff?" He asked and Irina sighed to herself.

"That child doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut." She murmured. "It doesn't matter." Was her response to his questions.

"You know, you say that a lot. That 'it doesn't matter' or that 'it's nothing', but Irina, sometimes it is something, and sometimes it does matter. A lot of the time actually. And you can tell me. Whatever it is. You can talk to me." He explained and it made sense. His words totally made sense to Irina. She just didn't want to drag him any further into her messy life than he already was.