FIFTY-ONE

—CONTIGUITY—

CONTIGUITY

NANCY APPROACHED THE red, sparkly dust first and slowly reached up to touch it, which made it glow even brighter and made the actual light turn on too. Dustin's voice was still echoing all over the place.

"Woah." Eddie mumbled and the rest of them reached up to touch it too. The light buzzed with electricity and shone brightly. It was actually rather hypnotic.

"It... tickles." Steve concluded.

"It kinda feels good." Robin chuckled and so did Irina.

"It does." She agreed.

"Irina!" Nancy said, rather harshly, making Irina jump slightly. Nancy just had an idea, that was all. "You know morse code, right?" She asked, remembering from the night Will was speaking to them through morse code and Irina translated it for them.

"Yeah. What should I say?" Irina asked, already knowing what Nancy was thinking.

"Just something simple. Like S.O.S." Nancy told her and Irina nodded. Everyone else removed their hands and Irina began the morse code. It was . . . - - - . . .

Irina's hand bobbed in and out of the red dust and soon enough they could hear Dustin's voice. He was telling them to go into Nancy's bedroom. They were using one of Holly's light up toys to communicate.

When the five of them got upstairs, there was a little patch of the red dust on the edge of Nancy's bed, presumably where the toy was.

"Are you guys seeing this?" They heard Dustin call out in the air. Nancy stuck her hand in the dust and they heard Dustin, Erica and Lucas all cheer, signalling that it was working.

"Alright, we're gonna unplug it now." Dustin told them. "Try it again."

Nancy stuck her hand into the dust again, spelling out 'hi' and they heard the three teens cheer again.

"It works!" Dustin laughed.

"Yes!" Eddie and Robin cheered while Steve pulled Irina closer to his side as they grinned at each other. They were getting out of here.

"Okay, um..." Nancy trailed off, beginning to spell out something else - 'stuck'.

"Uh, you can't get back through watergate?" Dustin asked.

"What the hell is watergate?" Steve questioned.

"Because it's in water and it's a gate." Robin told him.