*rise of the floorwalkers*

Dearest Readers,

I hope you don't hate this story. And if you do, why are you still reading it because I'm annoyed at the comments that keep repeating "I hate this story"- especially when the same person does it over multiple chapters. But at the same time I also enjoy those comments because it means that even though you hate it you must be oddly drawn to it which is a beauty in itself.

I'll take what I can get, I guess.

Yeeees I know some of this is problematic, but please recognize that I know it is which means it MUST be happening for a reason, which will all come to light in later chapters. This story is not complete, which means there is room for development, lol.

I hope you enjoy the small amounts of revelations & developments that happen in this chapter.

XOXO Ally Layne.

---

The next few weeks, in my opinion, were weird.

Jake had been bouncing back and forth between hanging out with me and developing our friendship and hanging out with Bella. There were two times where I noticed he actually canceled his plans with Bella to spend some time with me looking into leads about the disappearances, but that could just be because of that stupid protection detail.

If Jake wasn't looming around or eating out of my kitchen, another member of the pack was. I had half a mind to start charging them for the food they consumed, but I had to admit that it was nice to have someone else around for a change.

I definitely took that back, however, when Paul decided that he was going to move into one of the guest rooms at the house.

"I'm moving in," He told me one night, when he walked up to my door with a duffle bag and a pillow.

I had known about his own situation at home, though. Whatever happened between Paul and his father was not something I needed to know about, but it was something I understood all too well. "Sure. You can take one of the guest rooms."

He didn't look me in the eye as he nodded, took off his worn combat boots, and then trudged up the stairs.

I felt my eyebrows furrow as I watched him slowly make his way up to whatever space he'd pick, noticing the abrasions that stood out on his arms.

"What's that about?"

I turned to see Jake standing in the living room with crossed arms, looking over to the stairs where Paul had disappeared. The movie we had been watching was now paused behind him, and I noted that it was paused just seconds after I walked over to get the door.

He had heard everything.

I was actually surprised that he let me get the door in the first place, but that was a completely different story and argument that happened before. I think he must've learned his lesson from the first time he tried to get the door at my house.

I shrugged in response. "Not sure, but I'm glad he's here."

He nodded. "So am I."

Paul had become a permanent fixture at the house and tried to insist that he pay rent, too. I just told him buying groceries now and then would be enough rent, considering it was Camp Half Blood that actually had paid for this place already in full, and covered utilities and any taxes.

I definitely didn't argue when the cupboards in the kitchen became stocked with all of my favorites, including blue-icing pop tarts.

This morning, I decided to have it as my breakfast.