*i function after a nightmare*

Dearest Readers,

I hope you enjoy this little chapter full of throwbacks and deep thoughts. Of course there's a little pizazz at the end, don't worry. I hope you all enjoy!

XOXO Ally Layne.

---

Blood trickled from the corner of Annabeth's mouth. She croaked, "Family, Luke. You promised."

Percy took a step forward, and looked as though that step had the weight of thousands. I used my hands to push me off the ground, gritting my teeth against the pain, and started to force myself forward, I had to help her- I had to help-

But before anyone could get close to Annabeth, Kronos staggered.

He stared at the knife in Annabeth's hand, the blood on her face. "Promise..."

Then he gasped like he couldn't get air. "Annabeth..." But it wasn't the Titan's voice. It was Luke's. He stumbled forward like he couldn't control his own body. "You're bleeding..."

"My knife," Annabeth tried to raise her dagger, but it clattered out of her hand. Her arm was bent at a funny angle. She looked at my brother, imploring, "Percy, please..."

In an instant, we could move again.

Percy surged forward, just steps before me, scooping up Annabeth's knife and knocking Backbiter out of Luke's hand.

Luke stepped toward Annabeth, but I stepped into his way. "Luke," I spoke, one hand in the air, just inches from his chest. "Stop."

Anger rippled across his face, and his eyes shifted as Kronos's voice growled, "Jackson..."

Was it my imagination, or was his whole body glowing gold?

He gasped again. Luke's voice came through. "Andie... He's changing. Help, please... he's almost ready. He won't need my body anymore. Please–"

"NO!" Kronos bellowed. He looked around for his sword, but it was in the hearth, glowing amongst the coals.

He stumbled toward it. I tried to stop him, but he pushed me out of the way, sending me flying next to Annabeth, where I cracked my head on the base of Athena's throne.

The world started to fade.

Warmth spread along my neck, and I heard Annabeth whimper just feet from me. "Andie..." She became determined. "The knife, Percy," she muttered. "Hero... cursed blade..."

"Please, Percy," Luke's voice gasped out.

My brother surged forward, Annabeth's knife in hand.

"You can't... can't do it yourself. He'll break my control. He'll defend himself. Only my hand. I know where. I can... can keep him controlled."

I moved my head to see Luke, standing there with wide, pained eyes, and felt tears start to fall from my own.

Grover had made his way over to us, and was helping Annabeth who murmured my name.

"My gods," he muttered, looking at my head. "Just... just hold on, Andie."

"Please," Luke groaned. "No time."

The intensity of the emotions funneling through my brother ripped through my body, and I sent waves of compassion and comfort through the bond.

I knew what he was thinking.

A hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap.

It wasn't Percy's soul nor my own.