* blondie gets a lead *

The day my brother disappeared was the worst day of my life. There were no sudden noises, no struggle, nothing that could have woken me up to save him.

He was taken right from his bed in the middle of the night, and I was only five feet away.

Five feet.

How could I have not known?

When I woke up he was gone, but I didn't think anything of it. It was just like any other morning. My brother sometimes would wake up earlier than me to get some extra "training" in with his girlfriend.

They spend their time "training" in the lake, so who knows what they're really doing. I, for one, most certainly do not want to know the details.

But when I noticed that his girlfriend, Annabeth, was discussing some building plans with her siblings outside of her cabin across the way; an odd feeling sunk into my gut.

When Annabeth asked me where he was, I knew something was really wrong.

My brother, Percy Jackson, was missing.

Just a year ago, we were the subject of a prophecy and faced certain death. For once in our lives, we thought we were going to be able to get a break.

Big mistake, that was.

Being two demigods, and even worse: the children of Poseidon, we should have known better.

You live and learn, I guess.

Annabeth and I have been leading the search for Percy. Annabeth is the daughter of Athena- the goddess of wisdom and battle strategy. Not only does Percy obviously not deserve the wicked smart blonde, but I'm pretty sure I also have a massive crush on her.

Anyway.

If anyone was going to find Percy, it was going to be Annabeth. There was no doubt in my mind about that. She had too many skills and tricks up her sleeves to not find the guy.

But when a week passed after informing all of our contacts that we could possibly inform... nothing. We found nothing.

"Andie!"

My head snapped up and my sea-green eyes flickered out of their daze. "What's up, Annabeth?"

The blonde-haired, grey-eyed girl walked into my cabin with an athletic bounce to her step. I immediately perked up when I saw the pleased expression that she wore. It was nice to see a change after weeks of seriousness that was driven by desire for finding her boyfriend. "I think I have a lead, Andie."

I dropped the bracelet that was dangling between my long fingers. "Wait, what?"

Yes, I was that smart.

She rolled her eyes, something that she did around both me and my brother a lot, and dragged me out of my cabin and toward the Big House.

"I think I found a lead that could bring us to Percy," she explained. "There have been some odd things happening in Washington, and the children of Hecate told me they were able to see a spike of monster activity. This could be it, Ands."

I huffed out a laugh of my own. "Yeah, good plan. Wherever there are monsters, Percy is sure to be."

She shook her head exasperatedly. "That's exactly what I'm thinking." Once we made it to the entrance to the Big House, she stopped me at the door and held my arms in her hands tightly. Her eyes met my own, and she paused. "You and your brother are sometimes so much alike that it worries me."

I yanked my arms from her grip. "Hey, that's not nice."

Annabeth hit my shoulder. "I'm dating your brother, you nitwit. It's not like I think you and your brother are the scum of the earth."