𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞

After a short nap that replenished your previously depleted energy you decided to investigate the big castle with Kureha's permission, since you felt you were invading her house, you smiled when she told you that she didn't care as long as you didn't try to close the big gates at the main entrance, it's not like you can move those heavy doors either. You patted Nami to say goodbye, reluctantly letting her rest as she wanted to leave as soon as possible to find Chopper.

You found out after a little chat with the doctor that that reindeer was called Chopper and he was an excellent doctor, that's why and because of your curiosity you decided to explore the castle at first, Nami told you to try to find him and bring him to convince him that be part of the crew.

You took it as a super mission that you had to accomplish, so with no time to waste you were touring the immense castle for hours without finding the reindeer, although you were easily distracted by anything that seemed minimally interesting to your eyes, you even stopped for a few minutes to see a simple painting that seemed pretty to you, if it wasn't because Shiroi slightly pulled some of your locks you could be completely stunned looking at the different objects, at this point the moon began to make its way through the clear sky.

You gave up when you started going through rooms you had already been in, thinking that maybe you could find him outside, you couldn't have had any more luck when as soon as you opened one of the doors that led outside you found yourself face to face with the reindeer, which he looked exhausted from running, his breathing was heavy as his tongue stayed out. In the distance you could hear Luffy's shouts calling the reindeer, insisting that he be part of the crew, this only made you smile.

"Chopper!"

So unexpected was your presence that he didn't have time to run when you were already crushing him in your arms, he tried to get rid of your grip, but no one could break free of your embraces, besides his body immediately relaxed upon making contact with you, as if the urge to get away quickly disappeared.

"Will you join our crew?"

He stared at you for a few minutes in silence, trying not to be affected by your innocent and hopeful little eyes, he was receiving his own medicine, but despite using your puppy dog ​​look you couldn't help him deny effusively, still with thoughts about his past and prejudices. Without realizing it Luffy saw you, he was a few meters ahead, smiling when he finally found both of you, at his side was also Nami, a passed out Sanji being thrown by Vivi, Ussop and Zoro who had arrived after the battle against Wapol.

"Hey! You want to become a pirate with me right!?"

"That's impossible."

You loosened your grip on Chopper a little, now stroking his little arms as if you were trying to comfort him in some way, Luffy insisted again.

"Why is it impossible? The life of a pirate is a lot of fun, you know?"

"That's true."

You murmured with a smile, patting the red hat as you noticed the growing doubt in the doctor, he shook his head again, ducking his head so you couldn't see his expression as he spoke.

"I really wanted to thank you... but I'm a reindeer, I have hooves and antlers, and I also have a blue nose! Actually... I want to be a pirate too But I'm not human! I'm a monster! I can't be friends with a human, that's why I came here to thank you! Thanks for asking me, but I'm going to stay here, if you're bored come visit me sometime."

Tears covered the edge of Chopper's round eyes, at this point you had hugged him again murmuring that you didn't care what him was, it wouldn't be the strangest thing you'd see, that was for sure, you wanted to call him a fool for thinking like that but Luffy yelled before that you could say something.

"Shut up and come with us!"

This only made the poor reindeer tremble, sobbing more, moving him completely he went running in search of Kureha, you laughed silently watching him, even though you started to prepare to leave you knew that Chopper would arrive in time to go with you. Although you did not expect him to make you fly on a sleigh pulled by himself, but it was incredible, the full moon showed your silhouette contrasting with it, creating a unique image that only the villagers could admire as if it had been a magical and unique event, already not only because of that but because of the beautiful rain of pink petals that were scattered throughout the kingdom as a farewell to the little reindeer.

You finally had a doctor on board, a very lovable one.

"Look! Isn't that great?"

You raised a notebook towards Nami, in this you had pasted the photos you had so far, with some notes about what had happened or a title to remember the events in broad strokes. You had found it under your pillow today when you woke up so it didn't take long for you to get to work, being proud of your work you went around the ship showing it to everyone, being bathed in compliments, especially from Vivi.

When you got tired you decided to do one of your checkups on Shiroi's wing, only this time you went to Chopper to help you with the bird, since all you did was bandage the wound, so it got infected without healing properly.

"You have to apply the ointment carefully or else the wound could open."

"Understood!"

Following the steps that he indicated to you with great delicacy, you spread the ointment on the wing, bandaging it better thanks to the help of the doctor, when you finished your work you smiled lifting Shiroi in your palms as if it were one of your greatest achievements. Chopper locked eyes with your bird who squawked at sight, causing a smile to creep across the doctor's features.

"He is thanking you for taking care of him, he says that he feels safe by your side but that you are too careless."

"Huh!? But I'm not careless!"

You puffed out your cheeks now having a staring contest against Shiroi which you lost out on because Chopper exposed all of your bird's arguments to the light, scaring the poor reindeer when he heard the animal rant about how you almost got eaten by a dinosaur, or you meet with wild lapahns not to mention all the distractions in the castle. Chopper was clear that if your luck ran out he was going to have you in the infirmary longer than expected, God willing and he's wrong since he wouldn't want you to get hurt.

A couple of days had passed, you were getting closer to Alabasta, at this moment Vivi was sharing some information about the situation in her kingdom, such as Crocodile posing as a hero or the way Baroque Works was composed. You did not pay much attention to that data, more focused on painting the new member of the crew on your sheet, you had thought about drawing everyone on the Merry but you left space in case more people ended up being part of the crew.

When you finished drawing the reindeer you folded the rough paper, putting it in your bag, patted Zoro's side where you had used it as a backrest while he slept as a thank you. Taking a look at the deck, you smiled to see Ussop and Luffy sitting on the railing.

As you approached you frowned seeing how they were using Karoo as bait to try to attract some kind of fish, you headed towards them to hit them and save the duck but before your fists hit their backs something had caught Karoo, rather, someone appeared through a strange smoke coming from the sea while holding the neck of the animal that screamed in fear.

"Oh shit, we've caught a transvestite!"