Box 58

Todoroki was the first to wake up in the morning, a feeling of confusion flashed through his senses when he woke up in an unfamiliar room

Todoroki was the first to wake up in the morning, a feeling of confusion flashed through his senses when he woke up in an unfamiliar room. His worries were quickly washed away when the memories of the night before flooded through his head. After the two students ate, Zihao insisted they spent the night at his apartment. Something about how no one should spend New Year's alone. 

It was a sight to see their mentor rushing around the apartment looking for enough blankets for the two, it was almost comedical. If it wasn't for them having a fear of the wooden spoon, the two may have joked about it. But gosh does that spoon leave a mark. After a game of rock paper scissors, it was decided that Shinsou would get the top bunk and Todoroki would get the bottom one. They didn't dare question the kids table in the corner with Kota and Eri's name on it.

Yawning silently, Todoroki glances at the clock on his phone. 'Five a.m. I still have an hour until I need to start getting ready to leave...' Not really sure what to do with himself, he sets off for the kitchen in search for some water.

The door slowly opens with a silent creek. Walking lightly, the mix-match male tip toes to the kitchen. Reaching for a glass in the cupboard, the sudden intrusion of a voice almost causes him to drop it. "Why are you up?" A hoarse voice asks.

Jumping slightly, Shoto turns around to face Zihao with a startled expression. "Uh, I was uh thirsty?" He forced out, even though it came out more as a question. Todoroki wouldn't say he was scared of Zihao, he wouldn't even say he thought much of the male other than him being his mentor. He was mostly indifferent towards the smoke male until after the kidnapping. Spending the night in his apartment really opened his eyes just to how... warm, a house could be. Were all holidays like that with him? So lively?

Zihao raised an eyebrow before opening the fridge. His felt around until his fingers grazed against a plastic bottle. "Here, it's better than whatever they put in the tap water here." He grumbles before handing the unopened bottle to the younger.

Zihao was currently plagued with a decision. To tell the truth or to avoid it. Todoroki knew a summary of his past, yet not about his past with Dabi. In fact, none of the students knew. If he confessed everything right now, how would Shoto act? Would it really be the best for him? Running his hand through his hair out of frustration, he looks up at Shoto who is creating ice cubes for his water.

Letting out a low sigh, Zihao allows his shoulders to drop in defeat. "Want to help me make everyone's lunch? You'll be at shit-pile's for a while, I doubt he knows how to feed kids, even if he has some of his own." 

Nodding quickly, Todoroki stands up straight ready to help. "Good, first go grab four bento boxes from the bottom cupboard and for the love of everything wash your fucking hands."

'I'll tell him at some point...'

--------------------

"L/- Zihao, made us lunch." Todoroki corrected himself as he held out a large bag with food piled inside of it. Shinsou unfortunately could not join them, instead he went with another high ranked hero. Reaching his hand into the bag, he pulled out two boxes for Midoriya and Bakugou. "Katsudon for Midoriya, Spicy mapo doufu for Bakugou."

Endeavor watched with a scowl on his face as his son wasted his introduction time. Finally thinking it was his time to talk, "We-"

"And Zihao said to not drown yourself in milk like last time you two ate ramen. He also specified that I say this after my father begins talking in order to cut him off."

"That little shit-"

--------------------

Zihao covered his mouth as he sneezed. "Are you okay?" Hu yelled while cupping his hands around his mouth.

"Yeah! I'm good." Giving Hu a big thumbs up, Zihao turns back to the target in front of him. Letting out a small breath of smoke, he calms his nerves. His hands hold the gun securely in his hand as he aims the little line on the top to the center of the target. Closing one of his eyes, he takes the shot.

A loud bang rings through the air followed by a high-pitched whistle. The two watches as the bullet travels through the paper cut out. "Not too bad! You're getting closer to the target!" Snipe congratulates Zihao before patting him on the back. The three observe the large hole in the target, only inches from the center. Zihao wasn't expecting to become a master over night, but still he expected a little more than this.

Zihao originally just planned on controlling the bullet with his quirk to avoid having to worry about aiming, but the pro-hero quickly shot down that idea. He insisted on helping Zihao himself and refused to take no for an answer. Something about how a "person with a gun always has to be ready" or something. Mostly just for safety reasons he assumed.

After the first couple of rounds Zihao quickly realized the gun was not going to be a good friend to his hearing aids. Deciding it would be best to turn them off for now, he hoped no one would sneak up on him. It wouldn't be too great if he shot someone on accident, he could get blood on his cloths.

"Bend your arms a little more and you should be good to go." Snipe instructed as he gently manipulated Zihao's elbow. The pro-hero held his breath as Zihao aimed the top of the gun with the target. 

Zihao forced all thoughts from his head. Focusing on only the target, he lets silence overtake him. His sharp grey eyes stared dead center at the target before a loud bang rippled through the air. A loud squeal could be heard from beside him as the bullet hit its mark.

Snipe jumped up and down, quite literally, with glee. The bullet hit dead center. Feeling proud of the boy, Snipe looked at the target with a big smile behind his mask. Clapping his hands together enthusiastically, he shakes Zihao's shoulder while pointing to the bullet hole. "You did it!" He cheers with enough joy for the two of them.

A small smile curls onto his lips as Zihao stares at his accomplishment, "I did, didn't I?" His voice comes out as a whisper. 

"Eeeee!" Snipe continues to squeal. Jumping up and down, Hu and Snipe hold hands as the circle the green haired boy who was still in awe of his progress. Their cheers could be heard from miles away as they basked in a sense of pride. 

This chapter and the next one will be shorted because I don't want to split up chapter 60 but never fear the next one will be out in a moment :)