Arc 2 chapter 2: Attack of the bitch!

Ichinose, with the help of one of her friends in class C, had discovered something important.

It turned out the reason we had not gotten any points yet was because of a dispute between class C and class D. Apparently, 3 class C students were claiming that Sudou Ken called them out to the special annex building, and beat them up. Sudou denied this, and said they called him out, and tried to attack him. He said he'd acted in self-defence.

Sudou was an idiot. It was extremely odd that he hadn't been expelled during the midterms. If I was betting money, I would have bet on him leaving.

Of course, Ichinose had something to say about the situation. She was already there, filling us in on the situation. Did she really have to say any more?

"Ok, guys. I know that it doesn't have anything to do with us, but this is a serious issue. We should help resolve this. Not only can we save a potentially innocent party from punishment, but it also means that we get our points sooner. Who's with me?"

A few nods and murmurs of agreement. But then, a voice called out.

"I don't know, seems pointless. What does Kanzaki-kun think?"

Finally, this was what I had been waiting for: Ichinose's authority had been directly challenged in favour of Kanzaki by a student other than Kanzaki or myself. I discreetly did a quick thumbs up under my desk. This was our agreed signal to go with whatever Ichinose was saying.

Kanzaki stood at his desk.

"Well, I do really want points now. And, I suppose it is good to help others in need." He said.

Now, the whole class was unified and on the same page. We would help resolve the issue. Now, it was up to us to decide who we thought was the guilty party.

In my own opinion, it was likely that Sudou had acted in self-defence, or at least was provoked. He had a short fuse, and even an idiot of Sudou's own calibre could manipulate him into using violence, whether by throwing the first punch or just simply insulting him till he threw the first punch, it probably wasn't that hard.

After a nice dinner in the dorm cafeteria, I headed back to my room. There, I took out my phone and checked my remaining balance. My account was displayed on screen. I saw that I had 267,529 private points. It hadn't changed since this morning. Considering that we'd started the year with 100,000 points, this was a pretty high amount. I had increased my point value by blackmailing a few seniors a while back.

"It would be pretty great if we got those 745 points," I muttered.

Converted, the points came to roughly 74,500 yen. Although it wasn't 100,000 points, it was still big bucks.

As I was playing around on my phone, I heard a loud knocking on my door. Opening it, I saw...

"Save me, Ayanokouji-san!" Sudou stood there, his face beet red.

"Why're you here?" I asked.

"I'm in serious trouble! You have to help me!"

"Huh? Why? If you need advice or you're worried or something, why not ask your friends Ike and...the other guy." I couldn't remember the other guys name. Guess he was just too forgettable.

"I can't ask them. They're stupid."

Takes an idiot to know an idiot. Sudou slipped to the floor with a thud.

"Buy some carpet, will ya? My butt hurts," he muttered.

I didn't see the point of interior design. Even though my room was the place where Kanzaki and I met up, we hadn't actually gotten together once since the party. Even if I went out and bought a carpet, I'd have been the only one sitting on it. Imagining it was just surreal.