Fikret

"Omer!" called out a surprised Fikret. 

"It's so nice to see you Omer. How are you?", inquired Fikret with a grin. Seeing his face always made her heart soar.

In greeting, Omer kissed her on both cheeks and smiled his kind smile at her.

"I am great Fikret. And you? When did you return from the US?" asked Omer looking kindly at Fikret who was unable to remove her adoring gaze from Omer's handsome face.

"Uh...Haa...A few days back. I returned a few days. I have a charity event planned for the kids here," replied Fikret.

She could not remove her gaze from his face. She missed him so much. She thought the distance would do her some good. She remembered how heartbroken she was when he explained his actual feelings about Defne to her. She had fallen in love for the first time in her life. And her First love was left incomplete. He was in love with Defne he had said. He is not himself when not with her he had said. She remembered every word he uttered during that conversation. Or rather every other conversation they had. But the conversation where he refused her love, the words he spoke are etched in her heart or whatever is left of it. She roamed all over the world to forget him, his memories, his smile, his kind heart. With so much difficulty she had gained a sense of control over herself and her life.

The last she had heard about him was during his wedding to Defne. She had heard that they got married and separated within a week. She can guess the reason for their separation. Because a few months after that, she got a call from Defne. Defne had transferred back all the money she had borrowed from Fikret. She felt bad for Omer and Defne but thought it wasn't meant to be. Maybe Omer wasn't meant for Defne. Almost two years have passed since their broken wedding. Maybe if she tries, maybe if she shows Omer how much they both belong together, how much similar they are, and how much they suit each other. She sees this meeting with Omer again as her chance at Happiness and she wants to take it.

"Omer, I need to tell you something" announced Fikret skeptically. She couldn't recognize the voice in which she spoke to Omer as hers. Couldn't come to terms that the meek voice that just came out of her was hers. But she doesn't want to hurt him. Saying the truth out rightly would hurt him to no end. He is a proud man. To know she also knew about Kiralik Ask game would make him bitter towards her. And how can she hurt this man whom she loves so much.

"I knew about Kiralik ask", continues Fikret after receiving a nod from Omer.

"I am so sorry I couldn't come clean to you about it and I am one more person that lied to you about it, but please listen to me once. I trusted Defne and had only your best interest in mind." Fikret rushed to explain to Omer.

Omer's looked at her with an amused expression. She didn't quite get it. She peered into Omer's eyes and saw some differences. She didn't quite see the loneliness that was there before if you looked carefully in the depths of his beautiful eyes, the harshness behind them, the pride, the confidence. Whatever she saw confused her until she heard her.

"Omer Askim" called out Defne. Defne came into Fikret's vision. A heavily pregnant Defne that too. Then Fikret took in her surroundings. They were standing outside the Gynaecology unit of the hospital. Fikret herself was here to meet her gynaecologist for a routine examination, as she had missed her consultation in the US due to last-minute travel preparations. As always, she had forgotten all about her surroundings when she saw him looking so handsome and irresistible and didn't wonder what Omer is doing in the gynecology ward of the Hospital.

The realization that Defne and Omer are back together, that they might be married already and are expecting a child together hits Fikret like a blow. If her heart could break all over again, it shattered again and into million tiny pieces.

"Oh my god Fikret!" exclaimed Defne and ran towards Fikret to hug her and started her chatter.

Fikret smiled the broken smile of hers hugged Defne, looked at Omer to say "I am happy for you" with just her eyes and uttered her last goodbye to the happy couple even while accepting their future lunch invite which she will miss, and left the place to never return until it doesn't stop hurting.

She was shocked to know that Omer forgave Defne. Omer was so much like her as a person. Once betrayed, she never can trust that person again. She always thought Omer is an extension of her. Whatever principles she stands up for in life, Omer does too. Omer has a very practical, unforgiving, and harsher outlook than her towards his principles. And to know that The Omer Iplikci forgave a person who lied and betrayed him in the worst way possible, she was stunned. She gave in that day. She always had a hope, that even if Omer loves Defne, it will not be a sweet ride once he knows about her lies. She always had this small flicker of hope that she and Omer will be together. That tiny flicker of hope is gone after seeing the couple so happy and so in love together. She smiled that sad smile of her, picked up herself with her head held high started collecting the broken pieces of her heart to mend them away from Turkey.