Part two: Lost

It's been almost a week since Omer was back in Istanbul. His natural habitat. Ever since he was back, he was feeling this sense of calmness that he never felt back in Rome. He was reunited with his kardesim (brother) Sinan. He thought Sinan will be angry with him for leaving him and Passionis for so long. But on seeing Omer after almost 2 and half years, Sinan ran towards him, hugged him hard and cried. There were tears or two in Omer's eyes as well. Omer smiles a smile remembering the memory of his meeting with Sinan after coming back. Emma was right. Having your loved ones around, that's the most important thing. If you cannot share your happiness, or sadness with the people you love, then is there a meaning to life?

Not a day goes by after being back in Istanbul that Omer doesn't ask Sukru to take the route towards Defne's street. While passing by her house, he always asks Sukru to stop the car, breathes the air where he has so many memories of her and with a heavy heart asks Sukru to drive. He has been meaning to meet her, but he hasn't yet been able to gather enough strength to approach her.

Sinan thankfully was onboard the idea of taking back the reins of Passionis in their hands. They were both so sad to know that Passionis was on the brink of bankruptcy. The company was their passion project, and they both won't allow Passionis to go down. Both he and Sinan had completed all the necessary paperwork. They had met all of their old investors and gained their confidence as well. It's all because of his new design which he has named "Ikinci sans" (Second chance). He named the design after the second shot he has gotten to change the direction of his life. They say art imitates life. Isn't that true?  Now the only thing left was looking for office space and getting all the employees on board.

Omer knew all the old employees had gone their ways when he had left for Italy and Sinan had left for Nepal after his divorce with Yasemin. He did them wrong, he knew that but he still wanted them back. He and Sinan had trained all of them and they had put their utmost trust in all of his employees. So, he had personally called Derya, Zubeir and Mr Balut to get back to Passionis while Sinan was contacting the rest of the employees. Today, he and Sinan are going to inspect Sinan's mother's office space to see whether they can operate Passionis from there. Sinan had already informed Omer that some company has already leased the ground floor and the boss Miss Seda is very adamant to renew the lease for the next 2 years.

When they arrived at the place, Omer liked the location of the office. Unlike their previous office, this office building had only 5 storeys. Omer was about to ask Sinan about the other company that had already leased the space, but Sinan quickly ushered him in the lift, speaking 100 miles per hour about his plans for Passionis.

On reaching the third floor, Sinan told him where they will have the desks for employees, and where his and Omer's office will be. Omer chucked as Sinan already called shots for his office when they haven't even agreed if they will rent the space or not.

When Omer moved out on the terrace area of the building floor, he felt a peculiar feeling. A strange feeling of really and truly coming home. He couldn't put a finger on why he was feeling this way, but one thing he was very much sure of was that this place was evoking such strong feelings from him. A decision made, he called Sinan to inform him that he wants them to rent this space for their new office. Just as they had discussed which interior designer to hire, they heard a fire alarm blare. The shrill sound of the fire alarm caused all the havoc, as they saw the employees of the other company running to and fro in panic.

Omer being calm and collected asked Sinan to calm down and guided him down the stairs towards the main foyer. As he was about to leave the place through the main entrance, goosebumps rose all over his body. It's as if his body was trying to communicate something to him. His baser instinct screamed at him to not leave the place.