scaring my girlfriend by coming home early prank on you

"Y/N," Yuqi called out as she entered your shared home.

It feels like it's been forever since she was here last. She's been away on tour for the last couple of months and although she had the time of her life every day and every night, she's happy to be home to you now.

She thought when she called out your name that you'd come running down the stairs.

But to her surprise, it was quiet.

She carried her bags up the stairs and put them in the closet, making a mental note to unpack them later on.

After, she began to look around for you, but when she couldn't find you anywhere she got ready to pull out her phone and give you a call to see when you'd be home.

Of course, she didn't plan on telling you the reason for that. If she can surprise then that's what she wants to do.

But she was sure she could make up some sort of excuse when she got you on the phone.

However, the sound of the front door opening and closing made her jump. She quietly tiptoed out of the bedroom and heard you walking up the stairs, talking to yourself.

You must've had work today.

It was still early in the evening.

You must've picked up some extra hours since you've spent these last couple of months alone, missing her as much as she's been missing you.

She thought about staying there and pulling you into her arms when you were close enough. But then, she realized she could have a little fun with this.

So she tiptoed back into the bedroom before hurriedly but quietly padding across the floor to the bathroom.

She stood behind the open door and waited for you to enter.

When you came into the bedroom, she watched you through the crack as you plopped down onto the bed.

You closed your eyes and let out a heavy sigh, debating on whether you should have an early night or not.

Yuqi wanted to surprise you and she was getting antsy about you coming into the bathroom to find her standing there.

So, she began to scratch her long nails against the door, creating a sound that would certainly catch your attention.

You jumped up, your heart pounding as you heard the sound.

"Is someone in there?" You asked as you slowly got off the bed, padding across the floor with your phone in your hand, ready to call for help if you needed it for any reason.

The scratching continued until you appeared in the doorway.

You swallowed thickly, heart hammering against your chest as you prepared to see who was standing there.

But before you got the chance to pull at the door to reveal who was standing behind it, Yuqi jumped out.

"Hi, baby!"

In shock, you screamed and she couldn't help but laugh.

"Yuqi!" You yelled as you put your hand over your chest. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"I'm sorry," she giggled before pulling you into her arms. "I couldn't resist."

You breathed out a shaky breath before putting your arms around her to hold her close.

"I've missed you." You said as she rubbed your back.

"I've missed you so much." She spoke as she kissed your head. "I love you so much. I'm so happy to be home with you again."

"Same here. I love you too."

You pulled away from the hug to put your lips on hers, kissing her lovingly.

It felt so good to finally be home.