she's clingy and needy for your attention (requested)

"There you are."

You noticed the sense of relief in Yuqi's voice as she spotted you in the kitchen and before you could say a word to her, she was rushing over to you to throw her arms around you tightly.

"I only came downstairs to grab a snack." You laughed. "You had fallen asleep and I didn't want to bother you because I know you've had a busy week."

"Yes, but I missed you and I don't want you to leave my side." She said before pouting at you sadly.

You shook your head at her before patting her head softly, making her pout turn into a smile.

"Come on, let's go back to the bedroom." You said as you picked up your snack and walked back upstairs.

As soon as you were up the stairs, her arms were back around you and she was holding onto you tightly.

"I need some cuddles with my girl." She said as she put her chin on your shoulder.

"Well, I'm always happy to cuddle with my girl." You happily replied as you entered the bedroom.

As soon as you climbed back into bed, her arms were around you once more.

"You're very clingy tonight." You teased.

"I can't help it." She said as she put her head on your chest. "It's been a long week and I've been missing you like crazy."

"I know, baby. I'm only teasing you. I've been missing you too." You said before kissing her head.

Picking your book up from the nightstand, Yuqi frowned as she watched you remove the bookmark and then continue where you'd left off.

"What are you doing?"

"Reading." You answered.

"I can see that, smarty pants." She said as she playfully rolled her eyes.

"I started reading this new book when you were sleeping and I wanted to read a little more of it." You explained as you turned the page.

"Well, you should put it away." She mumbled as she snuggled up to her a little more.

"I will... in a few."

"No, now." She pouted. "Please."

"Baby," You giggled as you looked away from your book and to her.

Seizing the opportunity, she grabbed the book from your hand and you gasped.

"Yuqi," You frowned.

She grabbed the bookmark and put it in between the pages so you'd remember your place for later.

Setting it aside, she snuggled back up to you.

"You're very needy for attention tonight, aren't you?"

She nodded.

"Is everything okay, baby?" You asked as you brushed your fingers through her hair.

"Yeah. I just missed you a lot and I want to enjoy my night off with you. I haven't had many of them lately and I just want to be with you. I know I'm clingy and needy for attention but I just can't help it, baby. I love you and I want to cherish these moments with you forever."

"You're the sweetest." You whispered. "Don't worry, my love. I've got you. I'll give you all the snuggles and attention you want."

She smiled against your neck as she buried her face there, breathing in your scent as her lips brushed against your skin softly.

"Thank you." She said. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, cutie," You spoke before kissing her head again, wanting to cherish these moments with her, too.